The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/25 scale Kenworth W900 heavy haul to pull the D8 Cat.

Hey all

This is the truck that will be pulling the D8H Caterpillar that I am almost finished with on a custom made RGN lowboy. It is a Revell 1/25 Kenworth dump truck that I'm converting to a tractor.

20231219_163201.jpgThis view shows the rear fenders, hydraulic tank and Caterpillar C15 that I added to this rig.

20231219_163259.jpgCloser view of the Cat C15, radiator and front floats.

20231219_163323.jpgThis view shows the fifth wheel and rear drive tires that I got from ST Supply in Canada.

20231219_163509.jpgTurbo side view of the Cat C15.

20231219_163536.jpgCloser view of the Cat C15 and front floats.

20231219_163617.jpgI had to fill in the inside of the rear air bags on this kit as they come hollow.

20231219_163658.jpgSide view of the rear drive tires 

20231219_164103.jpgThis view shows the cab and hood sitting in place.

20231219_164143.jpgView from the front looking rearward. I have a long way to go but I'll get there eventually. Well that's it for now be back with more soon.

Ron G 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

Lookin good Ron. Where did you get the chrome rims for the floats?  They look great. Can’t wait for the next update. Cheers mate

Thanks Jeff 

They are from Moebius, the ones from there super single kit for a tractor. The Cat C15 is from Jerry at Moluminum.

Ron G 

• Like 2

Thanks , Ron. She is sure lookin spot on. Did you use Miliput for filling those brake chambers? That is what I think I will do with mine. I sure wish we could access some good aftermarket brake chambers. Those Italeri ones on their trucks are painfully underscale and way too small. Ad always I patiently await your next update. Truck on buddy. Jeff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Thanks , Ron. She is sure lookin spot on. Did you use Miliput for filling those brake chambers? That is what I think I will do with mine. I sure wish we could access some good aftermarket brake chambers. Those Italeri ones on their trucks are painfully underscale and way too small. Ad always I patiently await your next update. Truck on buddy. Jeff

Hey Jeff 

I used plastic stock and some filler, alot of grinding with my Foredom tool and sanding.  I had to fill in the rear brake chambers too because they are hollow as well. 

I need to remove the wheels, that are on temporarily, so I can paint the frame and engine. I would really like to detail this build with air lines and fuel lines, etc., but my eyes just aren't up to the task.😢 So this will be done as best I can to make it look as real as possible. The trailer will be next (RGN Lowboy).

Ron G 

• Like 2

Hey all 

A little inspirational update, ha...ha.

20231221_170838.jpgThis is the XL Specialized HD130 RGN Lowboy from my Cat 374d excavator build. The RGN lowboy for this is going to be a Talbert 50 ton tri axle that I still have to scratch build. This gives you guys a glimpse of things to come...lol.

Ron G 

• Like 5

I absolutely LOVE the low bed. I would love to have that in my collection , I am thinking of a load of the ERTL International mine truck dump box . Have seen real loads of those monsters on the highway. Keep going Ron. Always very interested 

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey all 

Nothing new on this, I'm trying to figure out what color to paint it?🤔 So I did a little work on the 1/25 Kenworth K100 with 300" W.B.

20231226_192740.jpgI stretched it out to 300" wheel base. I used some extra frame rails from my "Can do" wreaker. It came out ok, but I have to do alot of filling in.

20231226_192512.jpgThis view shows it with the cab and some wheels/tires for perspective.

19dc1640-d0cb-4784-a2ae-5f0aab9ebc22.pngThis is the paint scheme I'm going for. 

Ron G 

• Like 3