Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Starting another diorama. This one will be a German column (about five vehicles) moving on to their objective down a mountainous roadway. There will be a ruined cottage along the side of the asphalt roadway. I just poured the retaining wall. IMG_3816.thumb.jpeg.39eb8cdab87021d8e9ced48b5eb8692d.jpeg

IMG_3817.jpeg

• Like 4

The wall will continue to the end.  I will be placing trees devoid of leaves along the roadway. The ruined cottage will face the roadway. IMG_3831.thumb.jpeg.61f46a5c41ed64a52772db43980d787a.jpeg

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3829.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Wow, that's insanely good!  How big will the diorama be?

About 2 feet in diameter 

• Like 2

Making trees out of sage branches. I get pieces and then glue them together to form dead trees. 

IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

• Like 6

I didn’t like how the project was going so I threw it out and started over. I added utility poles. I might add a stone wall at the top. I still need to add one more tree. I made the road larger to accommodate more vehicles. Here is the new version. I will pour the retaining wall today. I will be adding static grass. I have very tried several static grass applicators in the past and have been disappointed with each one. I found one called the Grasskeeper from Germany. Very expensive but it is supposedly the best one on the market. I am trying to learn this layering technique using different lengths of static grass. I normally use Martin Welberg scenery but it is too expensive to do a large area. 

IMG_3942.jpeg

IMG_3943.jpeg

IMG_3944.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1