Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Late Entry Speed Build......" it'sh a Shaguar Baby !!!!...."

4 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

it will be done in time  - It will be a huge bago'shite .

Other than completing this for this GB it would have been binned by now .🫤

Odd that I wanted to do two classic British jets that I love and have built before and yet none of it come out well 

Reckon the sandpit will be far more me .

I hear ya Guy some times it seems all can go to hill in a hand basket quick like.I had like three builds in a row fight it to the end one of them I gave away the Eduard P-51 it was not worthy.:hsmack:

• Like 2

PW

You're almost there, keep it going as the Jaguar is so close to crossing the finish line.

Nothing like the older kits from the 70's (back in the 70's) to make us appreciate what we have now. But somehow back then, they were just so enjoyable to build, where we didn't worry about anything other then getting it built and on the display shelf - no display cases back then either. It was all about fun. 

My turning point came when I found the Squadron Shop in Syosset and joined a local IPMS club. Filling seams and air brushing were new found skills and those two skills were the heart of my modeling for years to come. 

• Like 2

On 8/30/2024 at 12:19 PM, Peterpools said:

PW

You're almost there, keep it going as the Jaguar is so close to crossing the finish line.

Nothing like the older kits from the 70's (back in the 70's) to make us appreciate what we have now. But somehow back then, they were just so enjoyable to build, where we didn't worry about anything other then getting it built and on the display shelf - no display cases back then either. It was all about fun. 

My turning point came when I found the Squadron Shop in Syosset and joined a local IPMS club. Filling seams and air brushing were new found skills and those two skills were the heart of my modeling for years to come. 

This is 1994 tooling🫤 .....Junk ! I reckon their 1975 1/72 jag is probably faired better . Filling seams in 2024 is like learning to set point on your old car ....it shouldn't be needed / should not leave the factory like that for my money . 

• Like 1

PW

Looking at the photographs, you looked the Jaguar square in the teeth and won the battle. Agreed, a poor kit but the results, at least from my end surely show the kit be built by a talented modeler. 🏆