Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

F2G Corsair re-paint, etc.

This is a Otaki 1/48 Corsair that I modified as a F2G Corsair many years ago. As you can see it's in need of some fixing up! My plan is to remove the decals, canopy, etc, clean everything up with some warm water, and re-paint and re-decal the model. I hope it will look like new! 🙂

F2G 8-12-24 2.JPG

F2G 8-12-24.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Great plan and will be following. I'm only guessing but this poor Corsair doesn't seem to had the luxury of being in your display case. 😁 

Never was in one of my cases. When I started getting cases a few years ago this model had already been on a shelf gathering dust. 🙃

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

I guess it's just the luck of the draw, 😉

I suppose so Peter. When I built this we had no internet or any kind of handy research materials other than a few books like the Squadron books. I think it was in the late 60's or early 70's. Mail ordering was the only way to go for stuff.

• Like 1

John

I do remember those days and we were so lucky to actually have one of the Squadron Hobby Shops in Syosset - that's what actually brought me back into the hobby, joined the local club and of course IPMS as well.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

I do remember those days and we were so lucky to actually have one of the Squadron Hobby Shops in Syosset - that's what actually brought me back into the hobby, joined the local club and of course IPMS as well.  

I was in IPMS for many years but haven't been active for quite a while. Do you remember your member number? Mine's 4992.

18 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

THat's amazing. As for me ... not a clue. I'm lucky I remember my cell number😁

LOL Peter. I still have my IPMS name tag.

2024-08-13 - p51jw.jpg

• Like 1

Nearly finished. Just have to re-attach the gear doors, flaps, radio mast and prop. All painting and decaling done (and in a little different scheme). 🙂

• Like 1