Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

LuckyModel $2 surface shipping

nmayhew

Not sure how much longer it is on for but LuckyModel has $2 surface shipping worldwide, irrespective of kit size etc

Pretty neat if you have some spare pennies and can wait a month or two for your stuff

They do not do this all the time so I would dive in

Cheers

Nick

• Like 1

Guest Kagemusha

I'd only buy stuff in sturdy Trumpeter-like boxes as their packing isn't the best and going by surface often leads to the boxes getting bashed quite a lot - ask me how I know...

Interesting. While I try to keep my Yankee dollars here in CONUS, I have ordered from overseas once in a while. Never had a damage issue. Just a length of delivery time from Asia. Never an issue from Europe. Always quick shipping considering. 

Ok I think before we scare anyone off, I should say that all the packaging from Luckymodel I have ever had has been excellent

Indeed if anything it is over the top, especially for delicate redo stuff eg cockpit update set sent in much larger box with air bag thingies all round it.

Same with kits: they normally use boxes which are much larger and filled with said bags

I would not want any UK modellers - who are not lucky enough to enjoy the low prices and just as important absence of customs fees when importing kits - to miss out on stuff like this because they get scared off

I am trying to do anything to stop the taxman and the Post Office (their partners in thievery) taking £££ off of us modellers in the the UK

:)

So, bottom line, may take a while, but you won't pay Customs fees if you select the appropriate option

Cheers

Nick

(Not linked to LuckyModel in any way; just happy customer for 10+ years)

• Like 1

Guest Kagemusha

I'm not trying to scare anyone off, just making folk aware of what to expect when using surface post, Lucky's packaging is fine for airmail, but when it's in a container with heavy objects above, it does give way - the problem with using boxes much larger than needed - I recently received a Meng Komet whose box was so deformed I couldn't remove the outer sleeve without ripping it off. Thankfully none of the kits I've had shipped surface have broken parts save a Tamiya Mustang which needs a new canopy and cowl parts.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.