The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WNW Roland D.VIa finnished.

Guest DannyVM

Today i put some work into the base plate. For this i had something special in my mind, so i started to put some layers of primer and a layer of Tamiya XF-23 Light blue.

DSCN0818_zpsf8fbcda8.jpg

DSCN0819_zps2183bdd0.jpg

As i had lot's of Lozenge decals in my spare box of the Roland kit, i decided to give them a destignation, so......the base plate is a good place to use these Lozenge decals.

DSCN0820_zpsaab87182.jpg

DSCN0823_zps2241a973.jpg

At the moment, all is drying after a treathment with Micro SOL.

Greetz

Danny

Thank's Erik, i'm glad you like it mate.

Still it's not done, some wheatering and a final varnisch dull coat must be applied.

Greetz

Danny

Fantastic piece of work!!!

Thank's mate :)

The Lozenge camo, provided in the WNW kit's are beautifull, but i find the pattern a little hard, so i decided to tone down this a little bit.

For this i used XF-22 RLM Grey.

DSCN0829_zps1f270854.jpg

DSCN0828_zpsf8771e3b.jpg

reason is, that i want to keep the attention to the diorama on the base, and not on the Lozenge at the edges of the base.

After that i put a layer of Tamiya  Smoke to give the edges a rich appearance and at the same time a glossy surface. Maybe i will ad some very light wash to the edges, but i'm still thinking about that......anybody sugestions??

DSCN0832_zps15f72a09.jpg

DSCN0833_zps257a27f5.jpg

DSCN0836_zpsa0eb528f.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Ok, at the moment the base is getting a green carpet...........but still, it's obvious now, i'm not a great diorama builder, but i will do my best to give the Roland a suitable homehmmm.gif

After i took a look at multiple pictures of W.W.1 airfields, i noticed that many where equiped with plank's lying on the ground, all different sort's and pattern's. So i decided to do it also......this is the result to begin with.

DSCN0838_zps1e3bb4f3.jpg

The white spot's are rest's of wood glue, that will be taken care off with some paint.

DSCN0839_zps72577a97.jpg

DSCN0840_zpsb1876c8b.jpg

After this, i put white sand on the surface to get a grainy texture. I airbrushed it with different sort's of brown colors, gave it multiple washes, and finnally, glued the gras onto the surface.

DSCN0846_zps90b2d5d8.jpg

DSCN0847_zps0e2f03ef.jpg

The plank's are taken care of regarding the white spot's of glue.

DSCN0849_zps7296e351.jpg

The photo's above where taken with my camera flash. Next photo's are taken in daylight.

I had to glue the gras carpet in two half's, that's the reason that there is a blanc striped spot vissible. That will taken care of with some extra gras that i will glue at the blanc spot's.

DSCN0851_zpsfd3df915.jpg

The plank's are given different sort's of washes, to get a wheatered look. Some spaces between the plank's will filled up with dead gras or vegetation.

DSCN0854_zps06eb5b3e.jpg

DSCN0855_zps9dd9b93a.jpg

Further vegetation will be added, but for now...that's all folk'sevil_laugh.gif

DSCN0856_zpsb9d4e25d.jpg

Greetz

Danny

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

I really like all your work and I have one question, what kind of grass are you using here? Can you elaborate on the way of "planting"it also pelase?

Sorry for my late answer, it seem's that i've missed you're question in one :(  or the other way.

The grass i'm using is from Heki, it's in fact a grass carpet, wich i glued on the base with thinned wood glue.

Greetz

Danny