Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Oh dear!

Steve Scanlon

One of the guys at the club turned up with his second WNW biplane and I succumbed, I have just ordered an SE5a Hisso and rigging thread, these WNW models look so bloody amazing and always having had a penchant for WW1 aircraft what could I do? start the car mother!! :blink:

• Like 2

yeah when I decided to give in I found it hard to choose, did not want to tackle something to difficult first time but I have my next few in mind if I manage to complete this one, from what every one says about the ease of construction of these kits I expect to be doing a few more and a change discipline will be good. :D

If you're a rigging virgin, the D.VII might have been an easier option, but the Hisso isn't too difficult. 

Can't understand why you didn't go for a DH.2 or an FE.2b ;)

I was semi-smart and am cutting my rigging teeth on a D.v Hopefully, I'll have all but the rigging done in another week or so.

I swear, the DH.2 and FE.2b look like they ran through a spider web! :blink:

:D They are on my list for the future, I find it hard to be completely practical, so I had to pick an aircraft that appealed to me as well, I am a big fan of a lot of the RAF types, though I really like the triplanes, I fancy a go at a few German ones later, hell what am I saying!!! slippery slope. :huh:

• Like 1

If you're a rigging virgin, the D.VII might have been an easier option, but the Hisso isn't too difficult. 

Can't understand why you didn't go for a DH.2 or an FE.2b ;)

You know I shy away from WW1 just because of the rigging. It scares and intimidates me, lol! We should have a forum with step by step lessons/instructions for us scared virgins out here, lol!

Ralph

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The SE5A Hisso arrived today, all I can say is wow what a beauty, oozes quality everywhere and quick delivery, first instinct was to drop everything and start it but I am going to be patient, would I be better getting the turnbuckle set from Gaspatch for this or is it fine out of the box?  I will certainly be doing a few more of these kits. :unworthy:

Ah Steve...YOU are DOOMED now!  :lol:   I did the same thing.  I thought yeah I'll get the Hisso and then that will be that.  Have touched it yet due to the Eindecker GB, but now I have five more WNW kits on the shelf.  I dont have the slope thing, mine is more slippery CLIFF! :D