The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HGW Rivet Decals

• Members

Anyone have any experience with these?  Thinking of taking the plunge on the set they have for the Dora 9 but was wondering how much of a pain in the rear they are to use.  Also concerned about mask compatibility, once they're down is it safe to use masking tape and Montex type mask without fear of them coming up?

I tried them on a P47 and in all honesty… I gave up. I found these had no thickness at all and disappeared totally under a coat of paint. It's more like a dotted decal that something that looks like a rivet. Maybe it's me or I may have had a bad sheet, but I'm not going to use these again. Maybe the Archer ones are better...

• Members

The appeal of the HGW was that you had a specific set made for particular aircraft.  I have the Archer sets for smaller jobs but I think they'd be cost prohibitive for doing an entire 1/32 aircraft.  Looks like I'll stick with the old tried and true methods.

Thanks for the input!

Mike,

i have the Archer and the HGW. As already mentioned, i found the HGW to be flat and really meant for use after paint I think? I guess that's why they make them in different colours?

The Archer rivets are quite expensive in the UK, so i bought 20 sheets from the USA to make the postage worthwhile.

• Like 1