Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

A new Group Build has started! From the Beaches to Berlin!

One-Oh-Four

No, I guess some Dutch would yell "Tering!" but since that is also slang for tuberculosis, it isn't seen as teriibly eloquent. Neither is "Allemachtig!" as that is perceived by those in our own Bible-belt to be derived from "Almighty" and as such would be cussing...

I gues it was just being thick-fingered....

• Like 1

Let me see here.............

Pic: "Shelf o' Sherman"....

I see some contenders that are useable straight from the box. Dragon's M4A3 (75)w both decal options are correct and from the Trier / Saar region early 1945, M4 "Normandy", M4A3 (76)w, the M4A4's are especially nice to use for British units during "Operation Aintree" (the attempted outbreak from around Eindhoven to Venlo, first by the U.S. 7th AD, later on by the British 3rd Infantry Division and the British 11th Armoured Division. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Overloon ), as would be Dragon's Sexton SPG for example. The M4A1 (76)w "Cobra" also contains decals for the Polish 1st Armoured Division which liberated Breda, for example. I don't have to mention Tasca's M4A3E2 "Jumbo's" do I? Also M4A3E8's were used in the closing days in Germany, mostly with T66 tracks, I think.

I have a limited boxing by Tasca for the M4A1 DV, the 3rd option is this tank that was knocked out in Southern France in August 1944!!

And let's not forget the Sherman V (17pdr), commonly known nowadays as the Sherman Firefly!

Or Hobart's Funnies: the M4 DD:

753rd TB DD.jpg

The Sherman "Crab":

hobarts1a.jpg

And for instance the Sherman BARV:

IWM-H-35624-Sherman-BARV-London-19440208.jpg

So, I think you've got your work cut out for you! ;)