The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Squadron Inventory

rkranias

Started browsing around for the upcoming Black Friday sale on the Squadron website.

I'm looking mostly for consumables and some EZ kits for my kids.  The Trumpeter 1/32 inventory is very depleted.  Out of about 90 1/32 kits less than 10% is in stock.  Most Trumpeter1/32 items have been Out Of Stock for a long time.

Tamiya fairs much better with a total of 12 kits in 1/32 only 2 Out Of Stock.

I hope this is not a downward trend with Squadron.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread there Rick. Friend of mine stated at last weeks club meeting that he usually goes all out this time of year at Squadron. But not this year. He feels Squadron let their inventory drop to almost nothing intentionally.

• Like 1

Good Morning Rick! Hope all is well? Any snow up north yet?

Looked around Squadron.com this morning and have to say pricing at eBay and even my local HobbyTown USA are considerably better!! Pricing on Tamiya armor kits are extremely high!! In this economy with value seeking modelers like myself Squadron’s pricing really seems a bit out of line!!

• Like 1

Didn't mean to hijack your thread there Rick. Friend of mine stated at last weeks club meeting that he usually goes all out this time of year at Squadron. But not this year. He feels Squadron let their inventory drop to almost nothing intentionally.

Good Morning Rick! Hope all is well? Any snow up north yet?

Looked around Squadron.com this morning and have to say pricing at eBay and even my local HobbyTown USA are considerably better!! Pricing on Tamiya armor kits are extremely high!! In this economy with value seeking modelers like myself Squadron’s pricing really seems a bit out of line!!

I rarely buy from Squadron. 

Biggest reason is selection. Sprue Brothers and Hannants absolutely smack them when it comes to aftermarket, paint and so on. 

Prices and inventory are also questionable. 

The one thing Squadron seems to excel at is offering new Trumpy and Hobby Boss kits for pretty solid discounts. 

I'll definitely be skipping the Black Friday whatever this year.

Most likely I will pass this year.  Usually get selection (with a few guys from local IPMS club) to >USD$500 then the 50% discount and free shipping kicks in.  But man, anything I would want is out of stock and has been for quite some time.  I cannot even build a wish list.