The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:32 Mosquito stencil decals

James H

• Administrators

Hi all,

I'm asking in here instead of the 'Wants' forum simply because I'm on a mission.

Shortly, I'll be building the HK Models 1:32 Mosquito, and I have no decals. I'm intending to use masks for the main markings, but I need to source some stencil decals. Can anybody here offer a solution as to how I can get these? I could contact Revell for a set of theirs, but that feels so wrong since this is for a competitor's kit which will pretty much render their own release obsolete.

This one is for Military Illustrated Modeller, and I promise I'll mention you in the article too, as helping me out.

Over to you folks.......

:help:  :help:  :help:

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm asking in here instead of the 'Wants' forum simply because I'm on a mission.

Shortly, I'll be building the HK Models 1:32 Mosquito, and I have no decals. I'm intending to use masks for the main markings, but I need to source some stencil decals. Can anybody here offer a solution as to how I can get these? I could contact Revell for a set of theirs, but that feels so wrong since this is for a competitor's kit which will pretty much render their own release obsolete.

This one is for Military Illustrated Modeller, and I promise I'll mention you in the article too, as helping me out.

Over to you folks.......

:help:  :help: 

James PM me

Send me some information on what you want, Pictures if you can and I'll see what I can do

Actully James yes you can mask stencils I do it all the time let me know what you need and I'll cut you a whole set marking  codes insignias fin flash the works. Just need to know what type you need , the dia. of the roundels upper and lower wing & fuselodge, size of code letters and serial numbers.

In any case it's an offer  let me know.

Paul

• Administrators

Hi Paul,

I have Mal from Miracle Masks producing the markings for me, but thank you very much for that offer. Perhaps one of other guys would like to try their hand though, and show what your masks can do?

Hi James I have a set of PD Models 32-001 decals, Mosquito Bombers, they have some colourful schemes, I probably will never use them so if you want them let me know.

Unfortunately no stencils but markings for the following:

W4072 GB*D 105 Squadron May 1942

DZ464 XD*C 139 Squadron June 1942

DK333 HS*F 109 Squadron 1944

LR503 GB*F 105 Squadron 1945

DZ548 FB*D 105 Squadron June 1943

DZ319 HS*H 109 Squadron May 1944

Cheers

Dennis

• Administrators

Hi James I have a set of PD Models 32-001 decals, Mosquito Bombers, they have some colourful schemes, I probably will never use them so if you want them let me know.

Unfortunately no stencils but markings for the following:

W4072 GB*D 105 Squadron May 1942

DZ464 XD*C 139 Squadron June 1942

DK333 HS*F 109 Squadron 1944

LR503 GB*F 105 Squadron 1945

DZ548 FB*D 105 Squadron June 1943

DZ319 HS*H 109 Squadron May 1944

Cheers

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Can you do me a couple of photos of decals and profiles? Sounds interesting!

Cheers.

Ok guy's I'm a bit confused here! what part of these aren't stencils????........DAMN bright light just flashed I think I know what they are and if they are what I think they are WELL I've got a ton of them. and you'er welcome to them.

Paul

PS Mike my applogies I can't cut anything that small maybe 1/24 1/18

Hahaa !! Paul, I thot (after posting) that we were talking about 2 different definitions

of 'stencil'. I have a Silhouette Cameo and there's no way it can cut small enough

to make stencils for stencils  :blink:

I wondered if you had some new technology that could cut that small

...I wish !

p.s. we're talking about making stencils (from cut paper/tape) for data stencils (like 'no step') on a/c .