Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

HER MAJESTYs ESTAFETTE - 1/35 by Industria Mechanica

elmarriachi

This little roadster is a resin kit from manufacturer "Industria Mechanica".... and, I think it looks like a small steampunk roadster.

The kit is a perfect car for doing some metal works on it.... so the mostyl used colors will be black, silver, alu, steel, brass, gold and copper for it.

The first steps.... I cleaned the parts of the frame, the axles and steering, as well as the engine parts and the body. The frame is glued together, putty and sanding made a clear surface.

Then it received a black color with the airbrush for the beginning.

The engine is also glued together and airbrushed in Iron, before the next parts were painted with the paint brush in further colors (brass, copper and black, as well as different kind of silvers).

The body received a first primer in black as base for the next metal works.

kf5u7wb9fk.jpg

tsffuw6h5vq.jpg

yog4m85aqzvb.jpg

xz4mmxg7nvvy.jpg

jszcaljmdss.jpg

wcbwkls55nl.jpg

zlcek4y65x6.jpg

ujy4xyjz7u1.jpg

Next steps: painting of the details at the engine, weathering frame and engine, "metal works" on the body.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

After the black primer is dried I stated with Steel color from Rub'n Buff, applied with a cotton stick and polished.

Clear coat (glossy) applied before the next steps. With a sponge I added dark grey color partly, then a 2nd layer of clear coat applied.

NEXT STEP: The thin frames were paint brushed with copper colour and polished. The dashboard will be painted in black, the displays in white, the frames around the displays in silver and polished. 

Micro Krystal Klear will be applied on the displays as a kind of glass.

3xcznny8ikn6.jpg

gpnq1zun4pc4.jpg

ulgojyymj3hp.jpg

The engine was painted in black, copper, brass and silver, then also polished. A black wash was applied for a darker look.

gz7li22lapp.jpg

r827rrky528h.jpg

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

Some new pictures of Her Majesty's Estafette. The body is painted and polished in several layers of silver, the frames painted in bronze and also polished.

The engine hood receiveda chipping with a dark blue/grey color. Looking like being painted earlier in grey, now the metal is coming back.

The dashboard is painted in black, the displays white with a silver frame. The display it self received some decals which I had on stock. 

The seat received some seatbelts, coming from the HK Models kit of the B17.

The steering wheel and the two levers were painted with oil colors in a wooden look, with some brass details on it.

j2c3t7jku8jh.jpg

d1q68592h9si.jpg

ux44wmzo46xs.jpg

qltl2g3mnh5v.jpg

ifu8j4f5r5vj.jpg

a8cadlyn3azm.jpg

siy6ty4hilae.jpg

blpya3inycq.jpg

egw9bvejmqws.jpg

TWo dark brown painted leather bags and a rolled coat (also dark leather) with brass clasps will be added over the engine hood and at the front, two big exhaust pipes in black/silver and an outside mirror follow.

Cheers 

Michael

• Like 1

The wheels - made of PE-part and resin - are silver painted and polished, then the tires brush-painted in dark rubber, then the wheels mounted.

The bags were painted with oil colors in leather optic.

5uyyn39if38.jpg

y4dnxg5b6esu.jpg

f9f4zzg29z4.jpg

vmb5d9o8rczk.jpg

lsq6aijlklcf.jpg

o94x4oxkgef.jpg

Cheers

Michael

The Estafette is mostly finished now, I started with the base for it. On a wooden base I glued the cobblestone part from MiniArt which I cut in the correct size.

The wall is also from MiniArt, mounted and glued on the road, then with putty closed some gaps.

775malhdox9.jpg

gl3ocwy4tpwm.jpg

s7r9uv9er3m2.jpg

Next steps - black primer on everything, then painting of the cobblestones in different greys, then finishing the road and painting the wall.... later street lamp and other small parts follow....

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

Thank you very much! :) And here are some further steps of the base of the little roadster. 

lx99uzng35vs.jpg

elf2latjii5.jpg

2byp9qyugq8b.jpg

Now thinking about which color for the street lamp, and what I could add on the wall as details..... (steampunk background...) What do you think?

Cheers. Michael