The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

rigging wnw sopwith camel

Dainis

Are the attachment hard points for the rigging internal like the Snipe, or do I use bobs buckles like I would for any other british/german aircraft of that era? I have not seen a Camel real or replica so am not sure. I didn't on my Snipe, but WNW is  not clear on buckles/no buckles on the Camel. I have yet to receive the kit, but was just wondering. Just  started rigging my Roland dvia so I guess I've got rigging mojo at the moment. So withe the Camel: Buckles or no buckles? On that note, happy modelling. Cheers!

Thanks so much for the pics! I'm still amazed at the level of info I get from members on this site. And their building skills as evidenced by the posted builds. I will post once my IT department (my 18 year old daughter) returns from school in Quebec in April. She will be able to mask my blemishes.B)

It appears that a lot of camels or at least from what I have seen didn't originally have turnbuckles.  The pic above is clearly a more modern 

As for flight control wires, almost all are inside the fuselage so not really seen except almost the control surfaces.

So the cables are attatched internally in the wings. The Camel pics are clearly modern. I need to find some original Camel pics. This is the fun and interesting part of doing 100 year old aircraft photographed in black and white. :lol: