Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Fantastic Photographs (I think)

Grant

I "shared" this photograph on my Facebook page but it was such an amazing shot that I copied it to show you guys here too:

F-18WakeUp_zps00d26133.jpg

Can you imagine how lucky the photographer was to press the button at just the right moment ??

And, I always loved this picture :

2012-10-13070159_zpsdee8df11.jpg

And finally, wise words to live by:  "If you're in the crap and someone's looking for you, it helps to hide in plain sight":

2013-02-19201429_zps11f21e1a.jpg

Cheers !!

Guest styrenedemon

I've seen that Hornet picture before and its still pretty awesome.

2012-10-13070159_zpsdee8df11.jpg

I hope this wasn't taken right before it plowed into a crowd of people...as many Russian built jets are prone to do when pilots start showing off...for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I've seen that Hornet picture before and its still pretty awesome.

I hope this wasn't taken right before it plowed into a crowd of people...as many Russian built jets are prone to do when pilots start showing off...for whatever reason.

I saw the RAW video (from a surviving spectator) of that crash... it was pretty nasty....

Truly amazing pictures, Grant. Thanks for sharing.

Imagine standing on that balcony having that Hornet whizz by...

( My balcony is a bit like that, all the traffic in and out of Schiphol coming by, but not that low,luckily...)

That camo on the russian fighter is spectacular ! Makes me want to paint such a bird. Wow.

Always found the naming Fox-hound a bit typical Anglosaxon expression ( as like Bird-dog... ), but now I see where that comes from... 

As in this picture of the Collie : 'Wha' ? All work no play...? Nah...'

Nice pic....may I copy it?

Guest styrenedemon

I saw the RAW video (from a surviving spectator) of that crash... it was pretty nasty....

The Flanker crash that killed 82 (or so) people? Yeah, unfortunately I saw that video too. It haunted me for weeks and I skipped about 3 years of airshows because of it.

Guest styrenedemon

I had no idea that that picture was taken just before it crashed and killed spectators ... Had I known I wouldn't have posted it. Apologies if it upset anyone.

No no no....I don't think that's the case Grant, sorry. I was making an admittedly bad joke about how those Russian fighters seem to be prone to crashing; usually because the pilots do something stupid...as in the Ukraine example...which is the video I was speaking of...That was a Su-27.

• 2 months later...

Greetings Guys, & Gals;

Cool group of pics................... doggyh10.gif

I also have a couple for you. The first photo is auntie, the Sargent in charge of Security.  

....  woah_n10.jpg .... and his

assistant ....  fun1410.jpg

Have a good one,

Mike

No no no....I don't think that's the case Grant, sorry. I was making an admittedly bad joke about how those Russian fighters seem to be prone to crashing; usually because the pilots do something stupid...as in the Ukraine example...which is the video I was speaking of...That was a Su-27.

You pologat that Western pilots less wrong?? and their errors are killed fewer people? I'm not making excuses for our pilots, but ... No need to have to make scapegoats or untalented.

At an air show in Madrid, the American pilot crashed - 58 people injured
2011 aviaporad in Nevada American pilot dropped into the stands ...
the list can be a lot. But we do not say that Americans love to fall into the stands!

Errors are everywhere, there are errors in all, unfortunately, people are dying because of them. And what a pilot country guilty of this it does not matter