“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD STARTS JAN 1, 2023 ×

Aviation related Google earth shot.

1to1scale

Was looking at Google earth, check out these aircraft in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia. I saw a picture of a Mig 17 that was identified in Dire Dawa, so went to google earth and found about a dozen Hinds and then found these too, how many do you recognize? 

I see Mig-15, 17, and 21. T-28 and T-34, and possibly a Mi-8?

0C85A8EB-7AA6-499A-BAB0-8CEDD8D53280.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No need to, there are Mig-15s everywhere. I remember there was a surplus store off the highway in TX that had a Mig-15 and another had a F-111 front fuselage. You can buy Mig 15s for about $50K, L-39s for about $125K, and a whole bunch of other aircraft for less than a cessna.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 5:32 PM, The Dude said:

I'd love to get a hold of an old mig-17. Ultimate 1/1 scale project! It's too bad that 2 seat mig-29 for sale out there is $4.5 mil.

I saw that Mig-29, that was was pretty well gone through, it had 1000 hrs left on its engines, so it was definitely worth it. I remember there was a restored CF-104 that sold for $125K a few years ago, it was complete minus an engine. It’s actually funny to see that you can touch a WW2 warbird anymore, but you can buy a fully functioning early Mig for less than $100K.

If I were a rich man...

...who am I kidding, I would go broke buying cars and planes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

.......If I were a rich man...

...who am I kidding, I would go broke buying cars and planes.

Amen to that! I would have a 3 bedroom, 12 car garage to live in. (gotta have space for the family you know) :lol: and a runway on my compound.

• Like 2