The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WNW........what's happening here???????????

Guest DannyVM

27 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

well, my money is on me going home tonight, cracking open a big bottle of cheap Fireball, and proceeding to become rip roaring, staggeringly commode hugging, moon howling drunk.

And maybe while I'm doing that, fondle some plastic.

Guess I'm coming over to visit tonight if the alcohol is flowing!!! I'm actually planning the same thing while I'm grilling for a few family members.   Got a couple nieces going through a rough patch so we're having them over to forget about it for awhile.   Wish I could have over the Wingnut crew to talk models andthank them with a big ol BBQ. 

• Like 3

Guest Dekenba
1 minute ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well, it's here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Have a drink first.

In fact, have two drinks.

Add some bleach, it clears the lungs, apparently.

• Administrators
Just now, TJTX said:

Guess I'm coming over to visit tonight if the alcohol is flowing!!! I'm actually planning the same thing while I'm grilling for a few family members.   Got a couple nieces going through a rough patch so we're having them over to forget about it for awhile.   Wish I could have over the Wingnut crew to talk models andthank them with a big ol BBQ. 

Tony, you know I have a pretty refined taste in booze.

But to stoop to Fireball tells much about my state of mind right now...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clunkmeister said:

I've got some gentlemen jack along with many other lovely things.  We'll have a get together in May on my hard days off to talk T-28s.

• Like 3

Guest Dekenba
1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Being a teetotal vegan, I guess I'd die of thirst and hunger in your place?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Dekenba said:

Being a teetotal vegan, I guess I'd die of thirst and hunger in your place?

D, I almost NEVER drink. More talk than action, but it’s by choice more than anything. I need a clear head for the business and I hate being hung over.   However, being in Texas, I do eat my favorite tasty animals several times per day.

Oh, and it’s good to see you here. It’s been awhile. I’d recognize that stash anywhere. Much like mine. Good taste in models, although I’m more into the resin stuff if I recall.

• Like 2

Guest Dekenba
4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

D, I almost NEVER drink. More talk than action, but it’s by choice more than anything. I need a clear head for the business and I hate being hung over.   However, being in Texas, I do eat my favorite tasty animals several times per day.

Oh, and it’s good to see you here. It’s been awhile. I’d recognize that stash anywhere. Much like mine. Good taste in models, although I’m more into the resin stuff if I recall.

My son is very much a carnivore, so meat eaters don't bother me in the slightest, as long as I don't have to eat it!

My stash is "WWI - inter-war - WWII" stuff, with nothing post war at all, all 1/32, no vehicles, no ships, no figures. "A man's gotta know his limitations".

My only resin are Silver Wings & Lukgraph kits - which as you know are as close to injected plastic as you can get without being injected plastic - a few AIMS Ju188/Ju288 conversion kits and the dreaded HpH Walrus. Oh, and a Scratchbuilders Shinden kit, which looks like it needs a fair bit of work.

I did have a GMF Hs-129 resin kit. It arrived, I opened it, closed it and immediately sold it - the same day - at a loss. Way, way beyond my feeble skills and looked like an absolute dog - the fuselage halves were not the same length.

I use Scalemates to keep on top of my stash, it's the only way. Since then, I've managed to avoid duplicating kits, decals & AM unless I actually want to, and it's also handy to remind me what I don't have that I thought I already did:

https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=11376&p=stash&q=*&fkSTASHMATE[]=11376&fkSTASHSTATUS[]=11376-Stash&fkSTASHSTATUS[]=11376-Forsale&page=stash&fkSECTION[]=Kits&ssearch=

I decided to give LSP an extended break. What they do works for them, but I was finding the level of moderation to just be out of all proportion for a small plastic modelling site. As soon as anything considered naughty is written, at least one moderator will chip in, quickly followed by one of the other SEVEN moderators. 

It just strikes me as overkill.

That's not meant as a criticism, it's just how they do things. It seems to suit a lot of people, but I feel it's better to treat people as adults & allow some discussion of opposing views.

This place seems more relaxed, and lets threads run a bit more. 

I'm enjoying it - thanks for the light touch you show around here.

10 hours ago, Dekenba said:

Limitations?  haha  Very Impressive stash!

I actually had to get up and get a serviette to absorb the drool....

Anyway...  gotta go back...  I'm only up to "M"....

And I agree....   about the light touch.

• Like 2