Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Whereabouts of a member of this forum

Hello, everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place for my question - if not, then I apologize.

I've been trying to get in contact with Michael Scarborough for a long time.

He is a member of this forum.
I can't get any further via his mail address or his website either.
Does anyone have any idea how I can reach him?
Or an idea about his whereabouts, is he OK, is he not OK?
Since October 2019 the connection to him is broken.

Thanks for your help.

Servus
Bertl

• Like 4

Thank you so much, Steve.

I'll try to get in touch with him in some way. Unfortunately, I'm not a Facebook member.
But the information that he's okay is really nice. Thanks again for your help, Steve.

Biggest Biker greetings from Bavaria.

Servus

Bertl

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

@krow113

Just followed your link to Facebook.
I'm not a member of Facebook, but the first pictures I saw made me wonder.
Absolute first-class work on the bikes.
Well, I'm more the racer than the motorcycle hiker (is that the right word? I don't know - but DeepL says yes.).
Race bikes are my ambition. Also with my Aprilia RSV4 I can be found on the race track from time to time.
I am a trained motorcycle mechanic (among other professions), so I can judge very well where on a motorcycle model the line between toy and genius is to be drawn. What I have seen is indistinguishable from the original for a normal person who looks over it with a fleeting glance.
Simply incredibly well built. Bravo.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Servus

Bertl

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Umlaufmotor said:

@krow113

Just followed your link to Facebook.
I'm not a member of Facebook, but the first pictures I saw made me wonder.
Absolute first-class work on the bikes.
Well, I'm more the racer than the motorcycle hiker (is that the right word? I don't know - but DeepL says yes.).
Race bikes are my ambition. Also with my Aprilia RSV4 I can be found on the race track from time to time.
I am a trained motorcycle mechanic (among other professions), so I can judge very well where on a motorcycle model the line between toy and genius is to be drawn. What I have seen is indistinguishable from the original for a normal person who looks over it with a fleeting glance.
Simply incredibly well built. Bravo.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Servus

Bertl

Thanks Bertyl !

Race bikes are the coolest , form and function over aesthetics to the point of being completely on the razors edge of performance.

As this 1/9 Top Fuel Harley Hillclimber shows nicely:

IMG-0941.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Bertl,  I've ridden Harleys and Indians my entire life.  Most of them were pretty tame bikes when it came to raw performance, but what I lost in speed, I gained in style and sex appeal.   :)

The only crazy time for me was after my divorce. I went crazy for awhile and bought a Vespa 200cc scooter.  I took it completely apart in the living room of my apartment and hot rodded the thing with a tuned pipe, different carbs, different gears, and shaved the head for more compression. 

Back then after the divorce I had a death wish, so I rode like a fool.  I actually got a speeding ticket on the Massachusetts Turnpike for doing 90 mph.  On a 200cc Vespa.  :rofl:

I'm lucky to still be alive.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Bertl,  I've ridden Harleys and Indians my entire life.  Most of them were pretty tame bikes when it came to raw performance, but what I lost in speed, I gained in style and sex appeal.   :)

The only crazy time for me was after my divorce. I went crazy for awhile and bought a Vespa 200cc scooter.  I took it completely apart in the living room of my apartment and hot rodded the thing with a tuned pipe, different carbs, different gears, and shaved the head for more compression. 

Back then after the divorce I had a death wish, so I rode like a fool.  I actually got a speeding ticket on the Massachusetts Turnpike for doing 90 mph.  On a 200cc Vespa.  :rofl:

I'm lucky to still be alive.

Tuning Vespas is a thing for teenagers in suburban dwellings, Ernie. Talk about a 40s’ crisis :rofl:

Hubert

• Like 3

We did that shaving with evolution harleys , the engine was designed around flat top pistons , 30 thou would get a full point of compression addded.

Then the Boss came up with the idea of boring out the head slightly , just enough for about half the first ring landing to go up into the head , serious compression and power began to develop.

Really cool stuff.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HubertB said:

Tuning Vespas is a thing for teenagers in suburban dwellings, Ernie. Talk about a 40s’ crisis :rofl:

Hubert

Yeah I kinda went crazy back then.  But it was fun showing a clean set of heels to the kid tuners with their fancy late model Vespas. 

I'd go to the Weir's Beach rally in Laconia, NH every year. I'd ride my Harley on Wednesday, come back on my Vespa for Thusrsay, then ride in on the old '47 Chief for Friday and Saturday.  Out of all three, the Indian Chief is the one that usually made me walk.  My right leg was much better developed than my left one.  Starting that thing on a hot day was adventurous.

• Like 5