The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

AK Interactive Real Colors (Acrylic paints)

JeroenPeters

I am with you John, 100%. Ever since  after the ModelMaster enamels disappeared I have been trying to find replacement. However, after testing pretty much everything on the market, I am turning full circle back to enamels. Playing with the Tamiya enamel brand as we speak also ordering Arcus model paint. My full stash of AK is going to a local modelling buddy, racks and all :)

But again, I've always mixed my own paint so it's not much about the shades as it is about the brand specific chemistry, mixing ratios and ability to hand brush.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I am with you John, 100%. Ever since  after the ModelMaster enamels disappeared I have been trying to find replacement. However, after testing pretty much everything on the market, I am turning full circle back to enamels. Playing with the Tamiya enamel brand as we speak also ordering Arcus model paint. My full stash of AK is going to a local modelling buddy, racks and all :)

But again, I've always mixed my own paint so it's not much about the shades as it is about the brand specific chemistry, mixing ratios and ability to hand brush.

I too lament ModelMaster abandoning their enamels. Some of the best around. I really like Xtracolor but it isn't available here anymore. The only way to get a "supply" is if someone in Britain will send it to me. HINT HINT!!! LOL  (I still have a lot on hand but there are a few colors I'd like to get a re-supply of).