Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

ZM P-51.

• Administrators

Has anyone here actually finished one?  If so, your thoughts? It’s a ton more work than Tamiya, but a ton more detailed as well.

I’ve seen the finished models at IPMS shows, and to me, they’re dead on accurate like the Tamiya and RoG P-51D-5NA.

Funny how just up to 8-9 years ago, we had plentyof awesome kits of WW2 fighters, but no accurate P-51, but now we have three companies that have decent Mustangs that look amazing and assemble precisely. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Has anyone here actually finished one?  If so, your thoughts? It’s a ton more work than Tamiya, but a ton more detailed as well.

Ernie, in the process of, check WIP........you’ll love it, different was of building but so satisfying......stalled on the decals to use so therefore if to go for a NFM.....

• Like 4

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Ernie, in the process of, check WIP........you’ll love it, different was of building but so satisfying......stalled on the decals to use so therefore if to go for a NFM.....

I’ve had one on the bench awhile. Nice kit, but the cowls seem fiddly. It almost seems like it was designed to be displayed all opened up.  I’ll check your WIP. 

• Like 2