The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WWII Italian aircraft

lawman56

Ever since yesterday, I've been wondering who, besides PCM, makes 1/32 scale Italian aircraft? I've been slowly compiling a list of aircraft, (with aftermarket), that I'd like to construct, and realized the Italians are poorly represented, even though they had some pretty good aircraft and a few aces of their own.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm not picky as to the material. Injection molded, resin, vac-formed, etc...

Thanks, :)

Guest Kagemusha

Silver Wings make the Fiat CR.32 and 42, Special Hobby the Fiat G.50, then there's the PCM kits, so all the fighters have been produced in 1/32 aside from the Re.2000 and Re 2001, but Silver Wings have a Re.2000 on their future release list. The Italians are pretty well represented, especially when compared to the Soviets.

Looks about right. But I believe the Macchi C.200 is also MIA (the PCM kit is randomly 1/48).

I actually don't think the Italians are all that well represented...it's just that the VVS representation is absolutely dismal.

They do/did an MC200 in 1/32 as well I believe it was their 1st 1/32...  It has an 'interesting' build reputation.....  I've got one in the stash.....

There's also a beautiful Fiat G-59 conversion for the PCM G-55 kit by Tail Boom, an Italian company.

So I think the single engined fighters are quite well covered (though  PCM's Italian - well all their stuff - attracts high prices) it's the next stage up and beyond that's ill served and I suspect will remain so, unless Italeri decides to do a Revell with their own national aviation products in 1/32..?

Doesn't Combat or Tigger do an SM79 vac...?

Matt

Matt

FWIW...

Special Hobby announced a 1/32nd scale Macchi C.200 early version at the start of 2007... So long ago that George W. Bush was the U.S. President, Tony Blair was the U.K. Prime Minister, And John Howard was still Prime Minister here in AU.

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2007/Nuernberg_2007.html#table0

So long ago, that the Second World War could have been fought and won in the interim!

I don't think its coming...

S

Guest Kagemusha

Not sure Steve, they seem to be upping their production, the Yak 3 is going to be released in the next few months, and that has been on the list for... as long as you said above. 

There is also the Breda 65, 88, Caproni Ca-311/313 and Romero Ro-37 vacuforms by Combat Models.

The Breda 65 is just quirky enough for my liking Andy...

But that early Macchi would also go down quite nicely too, thank you! Interested to see how Special Hobby would approach it vs the PCM effort.

S