The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

21st Century, 1:32, Macchi C.202 Folgore

This is a build I've done a couple of years ago.

It is a ,1:32 scale, 21st Century Macchi C.205 Veltro converted into a C.202 Folgore. The 21st Century Veltro and Folgore are basicly the same kit. The only difference is the oil cooler under it's nose and the spinner is not correct for a Veltro, it's a Folgore spinner.

I have scrathbuild the air intake for the oil cooler and the small wheel covers, added "hoses and wiring" in the wheelbay, wheels were to small so I enlarged them with Evergreen, putty and glue.

I had a hard time glueing this plane because of the strange plastic that was used.

(Build in dutch can be found here; http://plakkers-inc.nl/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1619 )

sdc12673f.jpg

mc202z.jpg

mc202zg.jpg

mc202zc.jpg

Best regards;

Ulrich

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really nice job turning the 21st century 32nd scale "toy" plane into a beautiful "Scale Model".  Can you tell me why the camouflage changes from squiggly circles to splotches from one wing to the  other.  That's very unusual if it is an actual documented color scheme.

Ed Okun

Really nice job turning the 21st century 32nd scale "toy" plane into a beautiful "Scale Model".  Can you tell me why the camouflage changes from squiggly circles to splotches from one wing to the  other.  That's very unusual if it is an actual documented color scheme.

Ed Okun

Thank you for your compliments!

@ Ed; The smoke rings / splotches scheme came to my mind when I saw a picture of a Macchi with two different schemes ( The pic can be found in the link to the Dutch forum in my first post) . Which depicts an aircraft with a "replacement" wing after being repaired. The scheme i did is "fictional" ;)

Best regards;

Ulrich