The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV 70 (A) Kit 6015 COMPLETE

Gaz

Weathering is adding a lot of character and feel to your Jagdpanzer and I always appreciate you taking the extra time to both photograph and explain how you go about creating your weathering. Looking mighty good

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Weathering is adding a lot of character and feel to your Jagdpanzer and I always appreciate you taking the extra time to both photograph and explain how you go about creating your weathering. Looking mighty good

Thank you, Peter.

• Like 2

I like the scratches, they are often neglected , yet ever so prominent. One or two coats of grey filter can blend it and tone down the stark white colour on crosses as well.

Here is a build of a friend who has amazing weathering skills, not too much , not too little.  Might help as a motivation.

Cheers

M.

file.php?id=1765815

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I like the scratches, they are often neglected , yet ever so prominent. One or two coats of grey filter can blend it and tone down the stark white colour on crosses as well.

Here is a build of a friend who has amazing weathering skills, not too much , not too little.  Might help as a motivation.

Cheers

M.

file.php?id=1765815

Martin, thank you!  Your friend does nice work.  Actually...  I already hit the crosses with a bit of the same color I used for the pin wash to dull them down a little bit.  I'll hit them again.  But I am glad you like my scratches.  I'll be adding tiny bits of new rust to the places where the brackets used to be. 

• Like 2

• GazzaS changed the title to Dragon Jagdpanzer IV 70 (A) Kit 6015 COMPLETE