The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fokker E.IV 127/15, Max Immelmann

Ssasho0

Hello guys,

I will be doing the plane of Max Immelmann for the Eindecker GB. The inspiration is found in the photo bellow of Max Immelmann and Tzar Boris III. I will be adding figures to the plane and will start working on this build in January (hopefully), when I finish my Roland DVIa. I'm quite slow builder so I may not finish it on time, but I'll do my best to produce a nice model - better finish late than on time and get a crappy result!

And yes there will be a lot of swirls....

Best regards,

Sasho

immelmannEIV_zps80ef0e03.png2293099001_01ec990724_o_zps6e12ce92.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My Eindecker EIV arrived on 30th Dec 2013, its a wonderfull kit and I will be starting it immediately after I finish my current WnW build (ROland DVI) or even before finishing completely ;) Waiting for the HGW belts from Grant now.

Best regards,

Sasho

Ps: I will be dedicating this to the Great War GB also - should this thread be moved to the Great War GB by the administration or should stay here?

• 3 months later...

unfortunately real life is getting in the way of more important activities like building models, so I won't be able to do this for the GB :( I will still build it and post the WIP on the LSM. I hopef to start the build in a month or two...

Best regards,

Sasho

• Like 1

• Administrators

unfortunately real life is getting in the way of more important activities like building models, so I won't be able to do this for the GB :( I will still build it and post the WIP on the LSM. I hopef to start the build in a month or two...

Best regards,

Sasho

Hi Sasho,

No problem! Take it easy and share it when you're ready!

Cheers,

Jeroen

• 1 month later...

I started working on this build, but still I won't be able to finish it on time and would like to withdraw it from the GB participation. Still I will share the whole build in this log :) 

This will be as much an OoB build as possible with no big improvements anywhere. Still building similar plane to Bertl and showing your work is erm....embarasing! When I look t his pictures and at mine, I just see the enourmous gap in the quality :-/ Still, you will find bellow the WIP pictures.

The wooden panels were done with oil colours in two different shades - light and darker reddish one, the metal parts within the cockpit are done with Alclad, the cowlings with Mr Hobby metalizers (steel and chrome), the swirls are handbrushed, but I'm not completely happy with them and probably will re do them....again. The parts are not glued for now, just put on place for the pictures.

Any comments or reccomendations are more than welcomed!

SAM_1899_zps13e98c00.jpg

SAM_2003_zps0473e4a8.jpg

SAM_2005_zps18b53ddd.jpg

SAM_1998_zps50a05bfc.jpg

SAM_2002_zps789fc12d.jpg

SAM_2141_zps44b7b8d7.jpg

SAM_2243_zps659e0e1b.jpg

SAM_2237_zpsd0c5ccea.jpg

SAM_2238_zps3c260113.jpg

SAM_2239_zpsdd0f20ad.jpg

SAM_2240_zps049cdc3b.jpg

Thanks guys for the thumbs up, I'm slowly working through the engine and this very soon will be behind me. \

It was painted with Alcald and Mr Colour metalizers, Tamiya panel line accenter and EZ line for the spark plud wires. I removed the original spark pulgs as, while they were on the right place, they were in the wrong angle to the cylinders. They are moldedl 90 degrees to the cylinders and should be angled, so I used a set of Taurus sparkpulgs and installed them. It was easy work, and took just few hours, the engine was easier work than expected as usually a Mercedes DIII engine takes weeks to be prepared not days like this one. Still I have to say that aligning the 2 halves of the bodies of the engine perfectly is impossible, so a small line stays where the halves join on some of hte cylinders of hte engine. If I remove it,  I will damage the detail so I decided to leave it as it is - it will be virtually invisible once the model is completed. Still I will know that there is an issue and for the next Eindecker, I will probably get the Taurus engine. The issue can be seen on the third pictured - the one with my fingers getting on the way :)

Next days I will be reworking the cowls and the swirls as I'm not completely happy with them.

Best regards,

Sasho

20140601_162711_zps3f104bf8.jpg]

20140601_162831_zpsbdc52d7d.jpg

20140601_162748_zps8e88f3e3.jpg   

20140601_162725_zps1515b916.jpg    

20140601_162819_zps0e7d4c5a.jpg   

• 3 weeks later...