The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

100 pack of #11 blades, complete junk.

ScottsGT

One last word about this strategic subject: blunt blades are the surest way to get hurt. You add pressure to achieve the cut, et voilà, the blade slips into an unsuspecting finger, ouch … Plus, new blades will not always prevent you from the occasional slip, but the cut will be much cleaner, and will thus heal better and faster than a cut with a blunter blade …

Morality: change blades as often as possible, and even more frequently than that. Also, the Swann-Morton blades are wrapped individually. Use the wrapping paper to rewrap the old, discarded, blade. You do not want someone emptying your waste basket to spill blood on it, do you ?

Hubert

• Like 3

I use different kinds of Tamiya blades, which never let me down quality wise. I resharpen them with my Japanese griding stone. It has a 1000 and a 6000 grid side, which hones the blades perfectly.
I use the smaller triangular blades for mask and decal cutting, because they handle more agile and the large triangular ones for clean up and plastic shaping.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

I forget the brand, but they come with a red cardboard backing to the package. Their tips actually bend under the slightest pressure, blades are complete crap. I now stick to the red capped little tubes of blades which are the genuine product and much better. It usually works out at about $1 a blade, but I might only go through 10 a year or so.

• Like 3