The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

HELP - GWH P-40 lost part

Peterpools

Disaster strikes again and the P-40 just won't give in. I lost one of the Tear Drop Windows while applying the masks and have no way of contacting GWH in the US. Nothing is listed in the kit on how to replace a lost or damaged part. Does anyone have their email address?🤞

This is turning into a fight to the last drop of glue and I'm not giving in.

Much appreciated

Peter

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Disaster strikes again and the P-40 just won't give in. I lost one of the Tear Drop Windows while applying the masks and have no way of contacting GWH in the US. Nothing is listed in the kit on how to replace a lost or damaged part. Does anyone have their email address?🤞

This is turning into a fight to the last drop of glue and I'm not giving in.

Much appreciated

Peter

Man alive! Sorry to hear of you troubles......that window is not a small part ,really, ..keep

looking....I tried looking up GWH customer service and distributors... Not much success, really, none actually...try using the other part as a template to make another part....that

may work. I wish you well, as I would like to see your finish your project.

Best wishes;

Paul

• Like 2

Peter, Not sure who you purchased the kit from, but maybe contact SprueBrothers to see if they can help?

I also found this address on their Facebook page lionroar@vip.sina.com.  And also this one on the Chinese GHW website:  marketing@lionroarmodel.cn   This is the website:  上海狮瑞工艺模型有限公司 SHANGHAI LION ROAR ART MODEL CO.,LTD (lionroarmodel.cn)

Good luck!!

Chris

• Like 4

Thanks Chris

I'm not sure who I purchased the kit from, either Sprue Brothers or Scale Hobbyist. I'll check my accounts and see if I can find the order.

Greatly appreciate the links and there was a contact/email address. I already sent them an email and see what happens. I do find it hard to believe that for a kit costing so much ($175) and a company whose kits are all on the expensive side, doesn't have a customer service department and a part replacement form included in their kits as both Tamiya and ZM do. 

Whether they replace the kit part or fret and depending on the cost, I doubt I will buy another GWH kit as I find this a poor business practice. I've needed to replace both kit parts and decals sheets on Tamiya kits and either a phone call or email and in less then two weeks, the replacement parts were in my mailbox. Same with ZM and the missing part was sent from Volks here in the states.

See what happens and gain, thanks so much for your help.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Peter, if that fails, I will reach out to Sprue Brothers in the morning as well.  I bought three of these from them already and will cajole them into hopefully supplying a replacement set. If they charge me, I’ll let you know, but I might have a bit of pull with them. We’ll see. 

Failing that, I can send you the part until sprues start showing up on eBay. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, Peterpools said:

Thanks Ernie and all is well. As soon as you started working your magic, the missing part appeared out of no where :rolleyes:

Isn't that how it always is?!?  Glad the part showed up.  When this happens to me, I usually find the part months later, after I've done some other work around...

• Like 2