The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

MONOGRAM 1/48 F-4C

k5ikl

First completion of 2023 (started back in Sept.)  is the Monogram 1/48 F-4C of the 171st FIS of the
Michigan ANG. Used Aries resin exhaust nozzles and Caracal decals, otherwise OOB.
This is my 23rd Phantom. Number 24 will be finished soon.

Cheers,
Jerry   :piliot:

F4C-MIANG-37576-1.JPG

F4C-MIANG-37576-2.JPG

F4C-MIANG-37576-3.JPG

F4C-MIANG-37576-4.JPG

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Terrific build. Just love to see these kits kit the bench and the results look fantastic. twenty-three F4's ... now that's a fantastic collection for sure.

Thanks Peter.  Those old Monogram/Revell kits are still fun builds.  Of those 23 builds five are 1/32.

Cheers,
Jerry  :piliot:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Beautiful!  Nicely done.  How about a photo of the collection?  :blink:

Here you go Chris.  Eighteen 1/48 and five 1/32 Phantoms along with my entire collection.

Cheers,
Jerry   :piliot:

PHANTOMS-1.JPG

PHANTOMS-2.JPG

PHANTOMS-3.JPG

DISPLAY-1.JPG

DISPLAY-2.JPG

DISPLAY-3.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CANicoll said:

Beautiful!  Thanks for sharing - and you have a LOT of space left to go!  What paints/colors did you uses for the SEA Camo on your F4's?

Funny, I also did Passion Wagon and Air-a-Cutie.

I used the Model Master standard dark tan, dark green and medium green.  On one of them I tried the same colors in MRP paints.
Love those paints.  

Cheers,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Jerry

Thank you for posting the photographs of your display cases and collection - simple brilliant work and what a pleasure to see. 

Mine by comparison is plain Jane and nowhere as inspiring. How many years of work has it been?

Thanks Peter.  About 50 years now not counting the years when I first started as a kid in the late 40's building balsa stick and
paper models and then the start of the Monogram stuff in the early 50's.  Gave it up as a teenager and obtained my amateur
(ham) radio license.  Got back into models in the early 70's when my oldest son got interested in model rockets.  Was in a K-Mart
when he was 7 getting him some rocket stuff and came across the old Revell 1/32 Corsair and P-38J Lightning.  Thought "why not"
it would be something I could do with him and it has been downhill ever since.  What I have in the display cases is just a fraction of
what I have done since the mid 70's.  I gave all of my 1/48th WW II builds to a local museum and started concentrating more on 1/32
builds because of the ease of seeing it better.  I am 82 now. Thanks for asking.

Cheers,

• Like 3

Jerry

Quite a history and pretty much the same as mine. I have stops and long stops over the years and all the earlier built models until about 15 years ago were given away or tossed. At 75, I'm not too far behind you and your energy and skills are something we all should seek to emulate. 🏆

• Like 2