Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Lancaster Mk I question.

Peterpools

I'm getting closer to starting my Border Lancaster and decided the bomb load will be: the 4,000 lb Cookie and the SBC's (small bomb containers). I  have hopefully determined the ordnance colors as Border does not have any color call out for parts and assemblies in the instructions. There are what seem to be metal straps that go around the SBC's and attach them to the bomb bay roof. In B&W photographs seem much lighter then the SBC but I have no idea of what that color is. Any help of the loadout colors would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You

4 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks John

Shows some of the colors. The SBC' are closed in the kit and it seems from the photos the metal straps are a lighter green color which helps a lot.

Red in this diagram so I guess they could be either color.

pic-4-1.jpg

• Like 2

John

Thanks for the photos and help.  I'm leaning towards the lighter green color as that seems to match the B&W photos I have. 

Just wish Border would have included color callouts but they didn't and it's a lot of research trying to understand the paint colors.

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Thanks for the photos and help.  I'm leaning towards the lighter green color as that seems to match the B&W photos I have. 

Just wish Border would have included color callouts but they didn't and it's a lot of research trying to understand the paint colors.

I know what you mean Peter. Sure can be a PITA! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1