The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Cavalier F-51 #2 completed

I used the Revell kit for this build. I scratch built the fin extension and rear cockpit (except for the seat). As I didn't have a chisel blade prop I used a left over Hasegawa Aero Products prop which I trimmed to shape. Since this particular a/c, which served with the Salvadorian AF, was returned to the US civilian market, I decided to build it as it was at a particular point in time when it had the extra underwing racks and wing tip tanks. Very pretty for the air show circuit I think. I painted the camo with Xtracolor, which is a gloss paint, to try to match the way it looked before the extra racks and tip tanks were removed since I had those parts left over from my first Halberd Cavalier F-51 build. The only decals needed were the red fuel filler caps and the N number under the tail (from my decal stash). I hope you like it. :)

PLEASE REMEMBER to click on the 1st photo to have better resolution and cleared pictures. THANKS!

N51DL 6.jpg

6-21-23 001.jpg

6-21-23 002.jpg

6-21-23 003.jpg

6-21-23 004.jpg

6-21-23 005.jpg

6-21-23 006.jpg

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I used the Revell kit for this build. I scratch built the fin extension and rear cockpit (except for the seat). As I didn't have a chisel blade prop I used a left over Hasegawa Aero Products prop which I trimmed to shape. Since this particular a/c, which served with the Salvadorian AF, was returned to the US civilian market, I decided to build it as it was at a particular point in time when it had the extra underwing racks and wing tip tanks. Very pretty for the air show circuit I think. I painted the camo with Xtracolor, which is a gloss paint, to try to match the way it looked before the extra racks and tip tanks were removed since I had those parts left over from my first Halberd Cavalier F-51 build. The only decals needed were the red fuel filler caps and the N number under the tail (from my decal stash). I hope you like it. :)

N51DL 6.jpg

6-21-23 001.jpg

6-21-23 002.jpg

6-21-23 003.jpg

6-21-23 004.jpg

6-21-23 005.jpg

6-21-23 006.jpg

37 minutes ago, JohnB said:

N51DL 6.jpg

6-21-23 001.jpg

6-21-23 002.jpg

6-21-23 003.jpg

6-21-23 004.jpg

6-21-23 005.jpg

6-21-23 006.jpg

Looks Great!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Gorgeous Mustang - she looks awesome. Enjoyed the build and as always, your paint and finish work is perfect. 

Thank you Peter! I'm glad you like it. :)

• Like 1