The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Aircraft compass's and other collectables

JohnB

Just got a "new" addition to my collection of RAF WW II a/c compasses. A well worn Type P6 that still has the liquid in it which is a bit unusual as they usually don't still have the liquid. I just happened to see it on ebay with a great price (less than $50 and free shipping). Here it is with a couple of my other compasses (I have several more!). I though some of you might enjoy seeing this just for grins.

9-1-23 001.jpg

9-1-23 002.jpg

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

He he , if we are doing show and tell - this is my Bendix Compass, my Grandfather (Royal Navy) "liberated it" from a written off PBM Mariner some time late 1944 . Been in the family ever since. 

IMG-2585.jpg

IMG-2587.jpg

IMG-2586.jpg

Excellent! In great condition too. :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Hi John

Somew mighty neat RAF and USAAF collectables. Never knew these were around for collecting and a nice piece of history to own. Always wanted to collect old analog aircraft instruments and just may give it a shot. 

Agreed Peter. You can find lots of collectables on ebay and other memorabilia sites. Some reasonable, some definately not! LOL (I have a pair of Luftwaffe flying boots which are in good condition I plan to let go if I can find a buyer.)

• JohnB changed the title to Aircraft compass's and other collectables