The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

The Shop/Office/HobbyRoom

KevinM

I have been contemplating the start of another floor cabinet of the same design as the first.The big wall cabinet @92'LX22'DX48'H was running out of room for the 1/32 which was my original intent for the cabinet but 1/48's had invaded again lack of storage.The other thing nagging me was the "ScharnHorst" @1/200 scale the hull is roughly 38/39" in length and just were do I keep that beast while building it?I needed to create a 4' gap on the wall in the HR.I was going to ditch one of the old floor cabinets then started realizing that building another floor cabinet with all the other wood work on the other side it's mine it's last!I started looking at the ole floor cabinet and said that might just fit underneath!!lol and behold it's the same height could not plan that better.I cleaned and  moved about 15/20 planes to make 1/32 space and wa-la the platform for the beast is set easy-peasy.I also got all those kits off the floor moved into the house and cleaned and organized my upper closet for that to happen and yes Momma was not home Scott stuff was moving.:D

shop 001.JPG

shop 002.JPG

shop 003.JPG

shop 004.JPG

shop 005.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's got to be big enough for a 4 engine heavy. 

I thought I have checked but thought 22/23" depth was big enough for a 1/32 B-17 but not sure about that lanc and that's housing it at an angle.I think a tower concept may be of interest if you plan on building more of the heavies less space in the long run also.;)

• Like 2

Just telling my wife the other night I need to build more shelf brackets and buy more plate glass to add four or six more shelves to my case.  I dread pricing out the glass now. 
(She was looking at the huge Seaview diorama I built and wanted me to put it in the bottom of my display case.)

• Like 1

I'm going to be using the glass from a pair of Ikea Detolf display cases we have in the living room at the moment. I did one a couple years ago that's 32" wide and 14" deep doing the same thing but the new one will be twice as deep. 

So this but twice as deep:

i-nsWngXB-L.jpg

3 hours ago, KevinM said:

I thought I have checked but thought 22/23" depth was big enough for a 1/32 B-17 but not sure about that lanc and that's housing it at an angle.I think a tower concept may be of interest if you plan on building more of the heavies less space in the long run also.;)

Hopefully the new one will fit the Lanc as I've got 4 of them to go in plus a B-17 and B-24.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

OMG!!  That’s about my size and I think the last ones I bought were $125 or $150. 

That's about the right price they had about 40sheets a few weeks ago was not moving fast and some smaller ones.;)