Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

(WIP) PZL P.24 B IBG 1:72

Kriss

I managed to finish another model, photo from the workshop taken at night. Gallery soon, yes I am still thinking about replacing the gun barrels with metal ones. But this will only be cosmetic. The next model in 72 is Ca.100 from FLY, such a quick test model. 

1fyZU12.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

To conclude the workshop, the last photo is one for the gallery. I made a few changes to the model compared to what IBG offered in their kit. But these are all cosmetic changes. Based on the photos and plans I made an open cockpit but without windscreens and there I added a few small details, on the engine cowling I changed the locks to open it and on the underside of the wings there is a top coloured leading edge and wing tip.  I have described everything in the workshop thread. Model of a Polish PZL P.24 B aircraft, 1st Armejski Orliak (1st Army Squadron), Bozhurishte airfield near Sofia 1937. The inscription on the fuselage (Simeon Kniaź Tyrnowski) was applied on the occasion of the birth of Tsar Boris's son (16 June 1937) The aircraft in such markings took part, among others, in the ceremonial consecration of the banners of the Bulgarian aviation units on 27 June 1937.

efipj5R.jpg

• Like 4