The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Eduard 1/48 F6F-3 Hellcat

JohnB

John

Looking mighty good. Impeccable work and progress on your latest build: Eduard's F6F-3 Hellcat. Colors look spot on as we've been discussing the past few days. 

Just love gloss paints as they go on so smoothly and save a lot of time when it comes to glossing and decaling.

:construction:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking mighty good. Impeccable work and progress on your latest build: Eduard's F6F-3 Hellcat. Colors look spot on as we've been discussing the past few days. 

Just love gloss paints as they go on so smoothly and save a lot of time when it comes to glossing and decaling.

:construction:

Thanks Peter. The build is going well. I'm starting on the decaling today so it shouldn't be long before it's finished. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John sure seems I was lagging in thought ... does look like today is the day.

Of course, being retired means we do lose track of what day it actually is and I thought it was Sunday when I first posted. :hsmack:

Actually Peter tomorrow (Sunday) is the day unless I get on a roll later today (Saturday).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, jep1210 said:

Looks great. What brand paint did you use for the dark blue?

Thank you. That was Testor's Model Master DSB which is very hard to find now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Of course, isn't that the way ... always replace or discontinue something is works perfectly and then try to reinvent the wheel.

Their DSB (or GSB) whichever initials you want to use, is/was 1st class. Too bad it's discontinued. If I can find some on ebay or some place I'd scoop it up for sure. Their acrylic version is okay and seems to work just fine.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 9:35 PM, JohnB said:

Thank you. That was Testor's Model Master DSB which is very hard to find now.

Ah yes, I have a dwindling supply of Model Master colors...Dark Sea Blue being one of them. I hate that they discontinued them. 

• Like 1