The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat RFI

Finished with this one this afternoon. Nice little 1/48 kit of a -3 Hellcat that has very few cuss factors. At first I intended to build one with the later style national insignias but decided on this one as the red surrounds seem to really look good on the Hellcat. Painted with Tamiya Gloss White (undersides), Xtracolor Intermediate Blue, and Xtracolor Sea Blue. Decals all came from my decal stash. I hope you like it. :)

Click on the 1st photo for best resolution ,etc.

12-24-23 001.jpg

12-24-23 002.jpg

12-24-23 003.jpg

12-24-23 004.jpg

12-24-23 005.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

That is a flawless paint John I do not know if you were trying or not but looks ever so worn/faded like it's been at service  best a couple of months to the S.Pacific sun.:unworthy:

Thanks Kevin! That was the effect I was trying for and I think it worked out well. I'm glad you like it. :)

2 hours ago, KevinM said:

Well you tapped into that one correctly;)

Agreed Kevin, thanks! (I was trying to be very careful not to over do it. A lot of the weathering is a heavier than usual coating of Alclad Kleer Flat. (The thing about using that technique though is you don't quite know what you've got until it's had time to really dry. I've had it come out looking like the model was sitting in the desert after a sand storm! LOL Needless to say, that one had to be repainted, etc.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Stuart Hanna said:

Nice work John.👍

I'm glad you like it Stuart, thanks! Something about those very late war camo schemes I really like. A bit out of the "usual". :)

• Like 2