The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

SOD T-28 - another look

I decided to pull this one from the SOD and try again to get it to straighten out, etc. Thanks to the old hair dryer, CA glue, CA Zip Kicker, and clamps I think I finally have it to where it will work (fingers crossed). I'll work with it some more today and maybe I'll be able to get on with the build. We will see!!! :)

12-26-23 B 001.jpg

12-26-23 C 001.jpg

1-4-23 B 001.jpg

1-4-23 B 002.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to get the cowling pieces to fit and, has been the case on previous builds, they are a difficult proposition with associated high cuss factors. Way more difficult than they had to be if the parts had been molded in a different way. 😠

• Like 5

Absolutely amazing you were able to work wonders and get the fuselage halves to glue up together. Fingers crossed you can work your magic on the cowl and get it to fit, keeping the building going.:construction:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Absolutely amazing you were able to work wonders and get the fuselage halves to glue up together. Fingers crossed you can work your magic on the cowl and get it to fit, keeping the building going.:construction:

It's a iffy proposition Peter but I think I can fix it. 🤪

• Like 3

Finally got the cowlings together. As I've said before, thank goodness for CA and CA kicker! I had to remove a couple of parts that interfered with the fit. Not a big deal since they wouldn't be easily visible anyway.

1-5-24 001.jpg

1-5-24 002.jpg

1-5-24 003.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Way to go ... just knew you would win the fight.

LOL Peter. Had a bit of a cuss factor but I finally got it to work. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Surely the 'cuss factor' was a little high then a 'bit'. :hsmack:

A lot higher actually! LOL I cussed it up one side and down the other. 🤪

• Like 1

Somehow I managed to lose part of one of the gun pieces. If someone here has this parts tree and can let it go I sure could use it. Otherwise I'm SOL on that style gun pack. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!!!!! 😉

1-6-24 0023.jpg

4 hours ago, JohnB said:

Somehow I managed to lose part of one of the gun pieces. If someone here has this parts tree and can let it go I sure could use it. Otherwise I'm SOL on that style gun pack. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!!!!! 😉

1-6-24 0023.jpg

1-6-24 0022.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Wish I could help but I never bought the kit, as my experiences with KH kits were good and after a few, I stayed away. Hoping one of the guys can come to the rescue 🤞

I hoped SOMEONE might have it but no luck so far. 🙄

• Like 1

Is it a -C or -D kit ? I know for sure I won’t be using any gun pod on mine. The questions then are :

1) Do I have the right kit for you ?

2) where did I put the box ?

Just trying to manage your expectations, but if I can help you, I will …

Hubert

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HubertB said:

Is it a -C or -D kit ? I know for sure I won’t be using any gun pod on mine. The questions then are :

1) Do I have the right kit for you ?

2) where did I put the box ?

Just trying to manage your expectations, but if I can help you, I will …

Hubert

Thanks Hubert. It's the "C" kit #KH32015 but I'm using parts from the B/D kit #KH32014 to make it a "D". If you have these gun pods that's exactly what I need. Thanks again!

1-6-240023.thumb.jpg.e935dbac02f21037b678fba687c0fd55.jpg

Made some good progress today. Got the wings attached and cockpit finished. The wing/fuselage relationship right OOB is slightly off with a bit too much dihedral. I added a couple of strips of sheet styrene to the wing join area to try to correct this. Only to the top side of the wings. (Something I didn't do on my previous builds. Wish I had!). At any rate I think this small adjustment helps in the overall "look". Check the drawing here for what I think is "correct". :) (It's still a lot of dihedral though!) LOL

AT-28 nose view-3.jpg

1-7-24 001.jpg

1-7-24 002.jpg

1-7-24 003.jpg

• Like 6

Nice work on the, well, ALL of it!  Fixing that warping was amazing, so the dihedral issue was simple, by comparison.  But your work is flawless.

What seatbelts did you use here?

• Like 2