The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Another 1/48 Bipe .....Eduard Albatross DIII

A bit yawned with the UBoot as expressed elsewhere, thought I'd do something as an interlude . I picked up this old Profipack from 1998 ( decals are probably shot) 

I like the dichotomy of biplanes , their construction is both simple and complex at the same time . Parts count vs any modern jet very low and straightforward  .....yet all those wires ..tricksy. At 1/48 I'm not going mad on the cockpits ...just getting the measure of wing + 1 with these little models .

224307-33854-60-pristine-jpg.jpg

so here we are day 1 ....

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

Refining eyelets and buckles from the Pfalz 

Trying "drill everything before paint" and don't trust the kit dimples . 

Version two of my eyelet tool , old airbrush needle , using 0.1m brass wire on the left , Version one using just soe thyin wire and 1.6mm weire on the right . Version 2 far more in scale . Those are 10mm squares. 

IMG-4395.jpg

• Like 7

OK! Brother don'tt hog all the glory [:lol:]got that little rascal in the stash also.Looking good I do not try the wood grain in 1/48 will I did but it sucked.I am not doing any eyelets either stretchie string or stretched sprue?You are right these little kits are fun and entertaining.;)

• Like 4

Are you going to play with the wood grain on the fuse Guy?I know of stencils and have for the 1/32 I got from Radu for the WNW kit of this crate I have.I am close to finishing on mine just lolling around you might say.;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KevinM said:

Are you going to play with the wood grain on the fuse Guy?I know of stencils and have for the 1/32 I got from Radu for the WNW kit of this crate I have.I am close to finishing on mine just lolling around you might say.;)

Yes going to do oil paint woodgrain , partly why i went with this colour scheme . 

• Like 3

Definitely looking good and those eyelets are amazing.  I do like those Eduard kits - simple, but easy to detail at the same time.  Looking forward to your next update.  Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CANicoll said:

Definitely looking good and those eyelets are amazing.  I do like those Eduard kits - simple, but easy to detail at the same time.  Looking forward to your next update.  Chris

Well Chris your wish is my ....

Done , couple of quick bench pix . Puff pix later .

Overall - smaller eyelets were better , one lower wing broke off nearing the end ( at least historically correct) so drilled both and used metal pins . Went too fast with the fuse oils , which smeared and had to be re done . The decals as I guessed were kaput , so this is a parts bin special in terms of markings. Liked the resin and PE guns better than the weekend edition .

Still it's just a test piece . Got a Roland to do at some point, and then maybe onto 1/32 . And that flipping U Boat .....

temp-Image8gax-Qn.jpg

temp-Image2m51l6.jpg

temp-Image-Hw-Nn-Xr.jpg

temp-Image-V9-C7-PD.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Chris

Absolutely agree with your thoughts.

• Like 2