Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya F-4E Phantom II: Sharks Mouth 388th TFW, Korat, Vietnam 1968-69: DONE!

2 hours ago, GusMac said:

I had a similar issue with the Sidewinders on my Viggen build. The clear parts wide too wide to fit and too small to sand in any successful way. However, I just went path of least resistance and put the supplied covers on them! 😆

I should have learned!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Folks, There is still some detail painting and some touch-up to do, but I'm calling this bird cooked.  Working on the RFI thread now.  I am grateful for everyone who took this journey with me.  Carl, I owe you big time, thank you!  Peter - your inspiration has always carried me my friend.   Martin and Scott - I always listen to what you guys say.  (Not that I can always DO what you suggest! :rofl:).  Everyone, thanks for the comments and support.  It has been a trying few months and building is a nice escape, with great people. 

Here is the RFI thread.

Cheers!

:unworthy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• CANicoll changed the title to Tamiya F-4E Phantom II: Sharks Mouth 388th TFW, Korat, Vietnam 1968-69: DONE!

What an epic build Chris. I enjoyed every post of this journey from the very beginning. Thank you for sticking with it and bringing it into such a grand finale. 

Cheers

Martin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chris

Congratulations on your Big F4 crossing the line - what an achievement and a build that belongs front and center in the display case.  Just so glad I was along for the entire journey.🏆

Jumping back to the MRP Gloss Clear, I have found the same. For years now I have been using the various Alclad Clear Glosses and the results seem to match MRP, in that they tend to be a bit glossier then I thought from the outset, but I do like the effect and my go to 'matte' finishes.  And no mixing or diluting needed.