The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Beer nominee 2024

55 minutes ago, vince14 said:

I love Smoky George - a German smoked beer by Rittmayer. It's like drinking liquid smoke.

Rittmayer_Kraft_Smoky-George-mit-Tropfen-1000Pixel_180x.webp

Nice! Added to buy list. How is this compared to schlenkerla smoked beer?

• Like 1

There is a big warehouse just outside of Kings Lynn Norfolk called Beers of Europe.

They do have Schlenkerla but not smoky george. They do mail order BTW. Have a look at the web site. Use someone else's card!

Another big beer supplier I know of is Matthew Clark in Brighouse Yorkshire. But I just checked and they are wholesale only.

Surprisingly they don't do smoky george either. Their warehouse is huge, and I've picked up some really obscure stuff there!

• Like 2

I regularly get supplies from Beers of Europe - they can be a bit hit and miss with stock levels, but generally they're good.

Smoky George just seems to be off the radar of the UK importers. I'm planning a trip to Germany later in the year, maybe I'll head in Brauerei Rittmayer's direction and pick up a case!

• Like 4

On 3/21/2024 at 11:05 AM, Jeff said:

Father in law was 25 years Navy , so I can say that you are now considered a professional. 🤭😆😆😆😆 I used to find Labatts Blue used to give me a screamer so that was not pleasant. I’m still ok with wine and a little JD but mass produced beer is no longer on my menu. Craft beers these days. We cud still practise if you ever want to hook up and give it a go….🤔😆😆

I'm always (almost always) up for more practice! Hit me up if in Winnipeg!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Winnie said:

I'm always (almost always) up for more practice! Hit me up if in Winnipeg!

That sounds like a possibility. I’m not ‘that’ far away here in southern BC and practice is always good 👍😆