The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Finished with my 3rd Kitty Hawk RLAF AT-28D. After market used was a Aires cockpit and FineMolds seat belts. Decals are by AoA. Painted with Humbrol and Colourcoats. These a/c were used by the RLAF and Raven FAC's in Laos in the late 60's and early 70's. I set this one up armament wise as the Raven FAC's flew them with only WP rockets. The "rules of engagement" did not allow the Ravens to use bombs although they did anyway at times. If you have ANY interest in these a/c and the war in Laos I highly recommend "Meeting Steve Canyon" by Karl Polifka. Excellent read. I hope you like the results of my modeling efforts. :)

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Peterpools said:

John

Billiant build and a perfect finish. Your weathering absolutely enhances the build and adds so much to the finish. 🏆

Thanks Peter. I'm glad you like it. I think it turned out fine but I doubt I'll be building any more KH T-28's. :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

As James Bond said: never say never. I'm betting there will be a few more T-28 down the line' you just have the touch.

LOL You never know for sure! :)

• Like 1

Nicely done John!  I keep waiting for Quinta to release their printed interior set before I start mine.  I asked them over a year ago if they had plans to produce them and they said they were.  I have two kits in the stash and I keep telling myself that’s all I need.  LOL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Nicely done John!  I keep waiting for Quinta to release their printed interior set before I start mine.  I asked them over a year ago if they had plans to produce them and they said they were.  I have two kits in the stash and I keep telling myself that’s all I need.  LOL. 

Thanks Scott. Some nice Quinta stuff would be great! If the do release some I just might have to build another T-28! LOL :)