Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Revell Bf-109G up

I decided to start another Revell '109 model and use some of the Aims decals for "Blue 8". Great decals and I hate to just let them sit in the decal stash. 🙂

6-9-24 2.jpg

6-10-24 2.jpg

6-10-24.jpg

• Like 5

One of my pet peeves with Revell is how they do the wings. It's has always been my experience that this assembly method leaves small uneven gaps on the upper wings that can be difficult to smooth out and hide since they never match up. They should take a tip from Hasegawa and do it right.....

6-10-24 3.jpg

• Like 3

John

Nice choice for your next build and your 109 collection might be coming close in numbers to your Corsairs and Mustangs collections. 

Some mighty nice progress. Wonder why Revell had to re-invent the wheel when it comes to the wing assembly.

:construction:  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice choice for your next build and your 109 collection might be coming close in numbers to your Corsairs and Mustangs collections. 

Some mighty nice progress. Wonder why Revell had to re-invent the wheel when it comes to the wing assembly.

:construction:  

I too wonder about that Peter. I think I'll give it a rest for a bit and come back to it in a bit. I don't look forward to trying to smooth out those wings.

• Like 2

Here's a book that has lots of good info on the '109's. It was published in 1976 but it still is very pertinent to the '109 a/c. I've had mine since it was published and I rely on it for most of my Bf-109 builds (as you can see by the tattered and worn pages!).  If you can find one I'd recommend getting it if you have any interest in the '109 a/c and all it's versions, etc.

DSC02433_NEW.jpg

DSC02433a_NEW.jpg

DSC02434_NEW.jpg

• Like 7

John

Nice progress on your 109 - the cammo is looking so good. 

Nothing like a well written and documented book for references and I have a few prized ones as well that also go back to the 1970's. 

• Like 2

That was a fast build John. I hadn't even noticed it until today and you're already done.

For the wings, I think Revell split them that way to try and accommodate as many versions with their different sized bulges as possible. A logical move that just needed a bit more finesse to pull it off nicely. Which in your case you've done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That was a fast build John. I hadn't even noticed it until today and you're already done.

For the wings, I think Revell split them that way to try and accommodate as many versions with their different sized bulges as possible. A logical move that just needed a bit more finesse to pull it off nicely. Which in your case you've done.

I'm glad you like it Carl, thanks. Just one of those little headaches.

• Like 1