Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/32 F4U-1 Birdcage Placards for Tamiya Corsair

NigelR32

F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair Placards

Eduard

Catalogue # 32 795
Available from Eduard for €7.10
Bunny Fighter Club price: €6.04

Yes, another Photo etch set from Eduard for the brilliant Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair. This time we look at the Placards set which consists of one plated and pre-painted fret of brass measuring 70 x 39mm with 74 parts on it.

Fret.jpg

As can be seen, the set includes much of the detail panels around the cockpit, some detail for the Instrument panel shroud, some engine detail and a couple of placards for the main U/C legs.

fretclose.jpg

fretclose1.jpg

If you have looked at my review of the cockpit set, you will have noticed that most of this set is supplied with that set, so you may decide not to buy this one? However, the engine placards and undercarriage leg placards in this set are not included in any other set. You may also want to buy this one if you have the Eduard "Zoom" set for your cockpit.

The instructions are supplied in the set as an A5 "printed on both sides" sheet. I have downloaded and printed the instructions in colour on A4 paper for this review.

Sheet 1, covering cockpit detail and IP shroud instrumentation.

Instructions1-4.jpg

Sheet 2, more cockpit detail, engine and undercarriage placards.

instructions2.jpg

As mentioned earlier, you may want to mix and match to get all the detail you want for your Tamiya Corsair, remembering one thing, any surplus parts from this set can be used on other kits of the same era. I'm sure some of the parts could find a home in the cockpit of a Hellcat, Avenger or Wildcat??

Thanks to Eduard for supplying this and all the other sets for the Tamiya 1/32 Corsair. All the sets will be used on my build of this wonderful kit here on LSM.

• Like 2