The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1/35 Academy Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

So I thought I would do a quick Armour test run prior to the Eastern Front Armour build kicks off..

Jagdpanzer_38t_Hetzer_Academy_13230_35th

I picked this Hetzer of Ebay the other week for $25 including shipping from Korea... Looks like a good kit to start off with.. I'm planning no AM Parts on this, bar a replacement barrel and Mantel from DEF Model

dm35012-4.jpg

Planning to crack the lid off tonight or tomorrow!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Time for some photo's!

So the construction of the Hetzer took place over two Tuesday nights at my mates place during our weekly modelling night/get together.. It built up really quickly without any issues, maybe 3/4 hours... Really nice feeling to have something built so fast and ready for painting. The DEF manlet nd Barrel Set had no instructions, but I managed to get by..

DSC03389.jpg

DSC03390.jpg 

So paint wise, I will be using the Ammo range

DSC03391.jpg

First time I have used tried this or anything else like it, Primer when on quite well... but I did have some issues of it creating little pools in some areas

DSC03399.jpg

it covers resin and metal well also

DSC03398.jpg

This morning I have just painted the Rotbraun (Red Primer) as the base, once dry I will start masking off the camo with a J's Model Works mask set.

DSC03400.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its different to what I am used too. Took me a while to spray the way I wanted them to... as I did have some issues where is kinda pooled in small circles.

I currently am writing a review for them so have somethnig up very soon!