The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa 1/32 N1K2-J Shiden-Kai, Pacific War GB

Hello all:

This one's finally done.  Here are a few mediocre photos of the finished model.   I used WEM Colourcoats Kawanishi Green for the topside and the bottom is alcad.  The decals are not the best but are useable with the exception of the yellow commander's stripes.  They're not opaque enough to cover the fuselage Hinomaru and since I had already installed those, I was committed to painting the stripes.  All in all, a decent kit but the instructions either have a couple parts reversed (the wheel well inner door actuators and the aft canopy portion or I really have a case of dislexia.  Here's a link to the build thread  http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/1999-first-kit-of-2014-hasegawas-new-132-n1k2-j/

Comments always welcome.

DSC03670_zps42284669.jpg

DSC03673_zps06ae11ca.jpg

DSC03674_zps3e8bfd9c.jpg

DSC03675_zpscc13ccd7.jpg

DSC03676_zpsb3ee518e.jpg

DSC03677_zps4b22c8ea.jpg

DSC03678_zps815da8b3.jpg

DSC03679_zps897b3efb.jpg

DSC03680_zps09ea7fc4.jpg

DSC03681_zps951e687b.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks all.  I always try to limit my chipping even though it seems as though some Japanese aircraft shed it in sheets (as it seems but in reality, it was probably bit by bit).  Apologies for the crappy photographs, I'm using a 12 year old 2.1 Megapixel camera that I think needs to be replaced or have its lens cleaned. 

• Like 1

Thanks all:

The paint is WEM Colourcoats Kawanishi Green.  It is indeed light but It looks good in natural light, not quite as bright in person.

• 3 weeks later...