The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya P-51D Fighting Lady, 506th FG, Iwo Jima, 1945

I finished this one this morning. I decided to do a bit of a diorama with this build. I painted the a/c with Alclad, White Ensign, Xtracolor and Model Master. Details in the cockpit and the wheels are Barracudacast. Seat belts are from FineMolds. I filled in most of the rivets on the wings with Alclad Gray Primer sprayed on in several coats with sanding with various grades of sandpaper between coats. I also used some Liquitex Modelling Medium there also. The crane, etc is from a Testor's/Italeri field work station with needed modifications. The work stand is from my "graveyard of parts" and has a new lease on life! The base is from Custom Dioramics (Squadron had these under their name recently). Decals used are Kagero and some kit decals. I really enjoyed this build (it's my 3rd Tamiya P-51D) and MAY do another sometime. I hope you folks like it.

fini7-9-14001_zpsf7d94f8c.jpg

fini7-9-14002_zps6d9e3e36.jpg

fini7-9-14003_zps33b8089b.jpg

fini7-9-14005_zps3e04293f.jpg

fini7-9-14004_zps79eef090.jpg

• Like 5

Excellent build John. Gorgeous Mustang. I really want to build this kit soon... not sure whether to tackle the ZM kit first.

Thanks! I'd recommend the Tamiya kit over the ZM kit unless you want to open it up and have all the "innards" showing.