Jump to content
“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD STARTS JAN 1, 2023 ×

Hansa Brandenburg W.29 - 1/32 by Wingnut Wings, HGW


elmarriachi
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had it long time waiting till starting this wonderful kit..... the HANSA BRANDENBURG W.29 in scale 1/32 by Wingnut Wings. There is nothing unsaid about this amazing kit so that I do not want to loose time.... and start directly with the first pictures of it.....

 

The engine.... I added some wire and replaced some parts with thin plastic pipes ..... and painted all in black / iron. The iron was polished aferwards before adding some oil paint, drybrushing and pigments to it .....

 

jjwuk1zskvs.jpg

 

toea5ok1v7r.jpg

 

y71gy6wxnf4.jpg

 

gggi35e5jux8.jpg

 

 

All interior parts got a primer with brown lifecolor, before making the wooden parts with oil colors. I wanted to give it a darker look on the inside and used mostly dark brown colors. The tanks and other metal parts were painted with Revell Aqua colors and received some polishing and oil color washing after it. 

 

4d5auds59tp5.jpg

 

vcpy32ku5o6y.jpg

 

 

Next I have added more and more parts to the interior .....

 

4ik44uh9kpi.jpg

 

z18jikwqd8c.jpg

 

ozg3mykvvf7z.jpg

 

it6dfydxjca3.jpg

 

dvi32rnr882t.jpg

 

Do not wonder about the missing seatbelts... I am waiting for the lased cut parts from HGW right now .....

 

Hope you like it so far ....

 

Cheers

 

Michael

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Ted,

all the wooden parts are painted with several oil colors. The rest - lifecolor paint. Then washing with dilluted oil colors (dark brown, black). Engine with some Pigments and also with the Tamiya Weathering sets (dust, silver, black) ..... drybrushing in Silver and black..... 

BR
Michael

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And a new short update.... the interior is installed in the hull which received a red-brown painting at the inside. A little bit lighter then the frame of the interior. 

After having fixed both halfes of the hull there was a very small gap at the seam of the two halfes which I closed with putty and sanding....

Now here it is ....

 

daock6a4z8m.jpg

 

7kmeo1rvvdml.jpg

 

b76dublfotwg.jpg

 

i8rlk1la874m.jpg

 

u1atiufkpnvq.jpg

 

Nxt steps will be to add the further parts of the hull and some PE-parts on the outside from HGW.

BR
Michael

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further parts of the hull were mounted, fillered and sanded. Then some PE-parts from HGW were added for further details at the hull and at the wings. Also some last paintings at the interieur were made at this point.

 

dsc_3380_1024x6781kjq9.jpg

 

dsc_3382_1024x6785nj9t.jpg

 

dsc_3388_1024x678ipjpg.jpg

 

dsc_3391_1024x6783kkyn.jpg

 

dsc_3392_1024x678pgjjh.jpg

 

dsc_3393_1024x678j0kcc.jpg

 

 

Next steps... painting of the hull and the wings.

 

Cheers

Michael

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @ all….

 

The hull was painted in Tamiya XF-55 grey and Revell light blue/green from the downside. Then all the Decals were applied for the Lozenge and for the markings on the hull.

 

The wings were painted from the downside in sand beige, then small stripes of masking tape were applied on it and the wings were painted in dark brown. After the colour was dried a further thin layer of sand beige was applied again.

Then all the decals were also applied….

 

fta6kzlrpud.jpg

 

xekzh3ooq4z5.jpg

 

d72y3rnmbl.jpg

 

96kyv16s7xi5.jpg

 

gjnzcsgiov2.jpg

 

ulaciadjsgpu.jpg

 

On the pictures you could see the bubbles on the Lozenge which is resulting from Mr. Decal softer which I used for applying the large decals on the wings. This will be gone once the decals are dry.

Next steps are matt clear coat on everything, a higly thinned layer of smoke on the wings with striped maskings  …. A shinly clear coat on the top of the hull (parts which were made of metal in the original), then weathering and chipping…..

 

Cheers.

Micha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

 

here is a new update....

 

What is new? 

 

The guns were finished. Gun barrels made of brass parts by Master Models, black painted and finished with "Gun metal" pigments by Tamiya.

The propeller is painted in beige, taped and painted in dark brown. Then added "burned umbra" oil colors followed by a layer of clear coat. The silver and gold are painted and polished. 

The exhaust pipes were drilled open, painted in black inside, rusty outside (lifecolors), then added the smoke on the top of it with black pigments.

 

And most of the further parts added.....

 

What's missing? Further details at the rear gun, rigging, and some other small stuff and details..... and a base :) 

 

Here we go ...

 

dsc_3946_1024x678fjy6a.jpg

 

dsc_3948_1024x678vkyv2.jpg

 

dsc_3963_1024x678ntlhp.jpg

 

dsc_4025_1024x678a3zqh.jpg

 

dsc_3989_1024x678ailm7.jpg

 

dsc_3997_1024x678xnzz6.jpg

 

dsc_4018_1024x6785uat7.jpg

 

dsc_4020_1024x678auzqw.jpg

 

dsc_4022_1024x678o1lvk.jpg

 

dsc_4023_1024x678opyfo.jpg

 

dsc_4024_1024x678vnyo4.jpg

 

Hope you like it so far...

Cheers

Michael

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...