The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

F4U-1 Corsair

Hello gentlemans.

Conectors are made of brass tube ( Albion Alloys). Wires (copper) are glued mostly only at the start, and the end. (out of wheelbay)

And If I have to glue something in wheel bay, using extra thin cyanoacrylate glue. (Alteco ace D)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice indeed so far

I have this kit as well as the resin set in my stash

I'm assuming you re-made the firewall using the kit part because the resin one wasn't a good fit?

Also curious to see whether you'll make framing to surround the bay (?) I did one in 1/48 using the Aires set and the (perforated) framing was provided as an etched fret but that will be a challenge in 1/32

Looking forward to following this build, thanks for sharing

Doug

• 2 months later...

Hi CruZz,

you may know me from LSP, I am the guy who made the master pattern of the engine bay for Grey Matter.

I just seen your effort at building the kit and must admit I am very surprised to see all the problems you faced :hsmack:

I have obviously built several of these kits in order to create the assembly sequence sheet, etc... and have never experienced such fitting issue and neither did the other builds I have seen.

I may ask a few questions if you don't mind?

- Did you follow the assembly sequence as per the instructions? I spent a lot of time on this and I know that not following it may lead to alignment problems.

- I see that you have cut out the round piece that feature the engine mount ring which suppress the centering and alignment pins: was that on purpose?

- Also, can I please ask what was the issue with the firewall? The position of the holes in which the upper part of the mount fit have to be in the exact same position otherwise, the assembly of the mount itself may be all off.

Just a few questions cause on side of accuracy, my main target with this kit (and god knows I put all my heart in it) was to make it a shake and bake kit, not to bug the community with assembly issues. I also know that Grey Matter are really involved in delivering quality product and their commitment is very strong.  

If there is any fundamental problem problem with the kit, I need to know and understand so we can fix the issue ;)

Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Cheers,

Loic

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...