The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Vaders TIE Advance

Dave J

So this is Bandai's Tie Advance x1 in 72nd.. Fantastic kit..Took less than a day to complete. Painted with Mr Color Blue Grey and weathered with AK Interactive NATO Wash.

_MG_0394.jpg

_MG_0397.jpg

_MG_0396.jpg

_MG_0395.jpg

_MG_0398.jpg

• Like 5

Lovely build Dave. Quick question re the AK wash. Seen a few people have problems with white spirit and Bandai plastic. Are the washes white spirit based and have you had any issues with this and the AT you also built?

Here's a link to the problem: http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/06/ever-since-new-star-wars-at-st-kit-from.html?m=0#more

I had no issues with the AK washes on the TIE. But I had the same problem with the AT. The difference on this is that I glued everything. No matter how well it clicked into place the joints got some tamiya extra thin thrown at it.

• Like 1

I had no issues with the AK washes on the TIE. But I had the same problem with the AT. The difference on this is that I glued everything. No matter how well it clicked into place the joints got some tamiya extra thin thrown at it.

Thanks Dave,extra thin at the ready for C-P30 and AT which are inbound as we speak!