The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Revell De Havilland Mosquito Mk.lV

Yes I'm a glutton for punishment!!! I'm told the plastic in this Revell/Germany kit is much better than the old Revell/Mexico Kit!!
It has real decals and added parts. This is my second attempt with this kit after trashing the Revell/Mexico vintage kit!! Long story, lol!!

• Kit manufacture: Revell
  • Scale :1/32
  • Type: Bomber
  • Extras: Possible resin and PE cockpit parts.
  • Paints:Tamiya and Vallejo, Clever Putty!
  • Weathering:Vallejo, Mig and Uschi Pigments, Flory Washes.

The first war plane made by the De Havilland Company since the last war. It is of wood construction, the fuselage being made in two halves, longitudinally.

It first flew at the end of 1941 and was first made known to the public after the successful raid by four of them on September 25th, 1942, on the Gestapo H.Q. in Oslo. When over Oslo with their bomb doors open, they were attacked by two F.W.190s which happened to be in the air when they arrived. One was shot down, but the others, with their bomb doors now closed, outpaced the F.W.190s, who gave up the chase 60 miles out to sea.They had been used before this date to take “after bombing” photographs and on reconnaissance trips over Germany. Were used recently in a raid on the Phillips Radio Factory in Holland, and are constantly over the occupied countries and Germany.
The Mosquito was also known affectionately as the "Mossie" to its crews.

Manufacturers: The De Havilland Aircraft Co. Ltd.

Type: British multi-seat long-range fighter-bomber developed from Mk.I reconnaissance aircraft.

Engines: Rolls Royce Merlins.

Speed: Secret. Mk.II (unofficial estimate over 400mph. The Mk.I has a maximum speed of 376mph and a cruising speed of 328mph).

Armament: 4 20mm cannon in nose and machine-guns, numbers unknown

Dimensions: Span 54ft 2in, length 41ft 2in, height 17ft 3in.

Construction: Wings, wooden structure, stressed plywood covering. Tail unit same. Decking covered with plywood. Fully retractable undercarriage.

7F8637D6-2D92-4408-9646-C068124AFF7F_zps

A617CFBC-302B-4A96-975B-165AF570FA0C_zps

AD3578EC-0C2D-4DFE-A71B-EA9568CF5E4A_zps

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...