The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Mk.V 'Hermaphrodite' Heavy Battle Tank

James H

• Administrators

I plan, at least, two builds for the GWGB, with a third being entered, providing I cope with the first two entries.

My second entry is the 1:35 Emhar kit of the Mk.V 'Hermaphrodite' Heavy Battle Tank.

I also plan to do it in captured German colours  ;)

I've also bought the tracks and barrels upgrade set from Panzer Shop too, so I'm serious about this one.  :tank:

EM4005.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looooooooving that smiley......oh and the subject, will be great to see these Emhar kits come together.

Martin.

...I believe these Emhar kits don't 'come together' that easily, so that'll be part of the fun ;)

Jim: "I've also bought the tracks and barrels upgrade set from Panzer Shop too, so I'm serious about this one"

Excellent - perhaps you can tell me what on earth to do with them !! I staring at a box of what I can best describe as Yellow Things !! :) :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I think when you have the perfection of a WNW kit, then you need to punish yourself with a real dog from time to time. 

With all the current events that have stressed me out, I figured this is what I should use for that punishment  :popo:

• Like 2

I think when you have the perfection of a WNW kit, then you need to punish yourself with a real dog from time to time. 

With all the current events that have stressed me out, I figured this is what I should use for that punishment  :popo:

Then why am I building not one but two!!?  

Masochism obviously ....  

"The masochist said BEAT ME, BEAT ME! and the sadist said NO"

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Contrary to popular belief, when I'm not adorning myself in false plumes, I don't just sit on my arse and give 'thumbs up' gestures ;)

Before I went on holiday, and whilst my laptop was screwed, I decided to do a little work on this tank, and thought I'd share some progress. I still can't believe I'm building armour.

This kit has had some bad press. Perhaps justly so, in some cases, but some of this things I've heard about it being a crock of shite, are mostly untrue. Fit it actually pretty good, with nothing more than a few simple tweaks here and there, and apart from me building a sponson about 2mm too long after I grafted the new sprue parts to the old, everything went pretty swimmingly.

I added a couple of 90 degree plasticard fillets into the rear hull, and that gave me a base from which to angle all the other hull parts. The only query I had to make was on which side to joint points together.....on the inside of the part, or outside, but measuring things against the completed sections did answer those questions.

This kit doesn't deserve the bashing it gets. Perhaps some folks forget how to have FUN, and shouldn't expect DML fit from a short run kit. Get your hands dirty and grow some cajones! If you want to build one of these beasts, Emhar is the only deal in town, and the fact that they are still producing it should get a proper 'thumbs up'

944563_373682676077052_261162178_n.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02267.jpg

DSC02266.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

The tracks went on very easily. I didn't have to use any heat to bend apart from a subtle bend.

You use individual links to go around the sharpest curves, but the set only had 12 of those. I had to cut another 4 from a spare track length, then modify to make them the same as the cast indi-links.

It took a couple of hours to add them.

• 4 months later...

James

You should publish a short review using your build as almost every single review or build I've looked at says this kit is shite... Bad fit, poor detail etc. You could set the record a little straighter. I suspect the problem is people who've spent their lives building Tamiya and Dragon don't have the skills or maybe just the attitude to test fit and fettle with a kit to get best fit...?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some paint.. you may have convinced me to buy one..

Matt

• 1 month later...