Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

MENG Models New Me 410 B-2/U2/R4

Iceman

The title of this thread hit me like a defibrillator! Then I realized it was only 1/48 scale. :o:D

One of the few 1/48 scale kits I still have in my stash is the Revell B-2 kit with the 4 X MG151/20 tray in the nose. I've been holding on to it so that I would have something to use as a guide if I ever had a crack at doing one in 1/32 scale (as cool as the HpH kit is, it's just way out of my budget for the moment).

John

• Like 2

If resin does not bother you the HpH kit is the way to go for 1/32 Me 410.  Price is high but the quality of the kit is very good and the only area that I had some disappointment in was the pre-painted cockpit consoles and instrument panels.  The pre-printed color is way off and just not usable as is for any self-respecting modeler, so either has to have some extensive masking and repaint done on it, or strip the pre-printed colors and re-paint.  Not sure which avenue I will take when I get to it, but will cross that bridge whenever I start building the kit.  Need to finish up my current projects before I even think about starting another.

• Like 1

If resin does not bother you the HpH kit is the way to go for 1/32 Me 410.  Price is high but the quality of the kit is very good and the only area that I had some disappointment in was the pre-painted cockpit consoles and instrument panels.  The pre-printed color is way off and just not usable as is for any self-respecting modeler, so either has to have some extensive masking and repaint done on it, or strip the pre-printed colors and re-paint.  Not sure which avenue I will take when I get to it, but will cross that bridge whenever I start building the kit.  Need to finish up my current projects before I even think about starting another.

I totally agree that the HpH kit is fantastic. I've seen a couple built or in progress and am following one such build right now. Their kits seem to be high on detail, in general and of subjects that most big name companies won't touch. I just wish they were within my budget. I just can't justify throwing down that kind of money unless it's an absolute "holy grail" for me and there's almost no chance of it coming out in IM form. I have a glimmer of hope that someone like Revell, or a few others would be able to do this. So, for now, I'm holding out. The funny thing, though, is that I actually went to their website after it was first released, with every intention of purchasing it. I couldn't get it to work. Since then, my disposable income situation has changed drastically. :(

Now, if you see in the news that I was put in jail for robbing a bank, then you will know that HpH has released a kit of the Focke Wulf Fw 190 V1. :lol:

John

• Like 1

• Members

I balked at the price of the HpH kit initially but at $164 it's basically the same price as the HK Do 335.  Considering you get PE and metal parts, HGW seatbelts and it really doesn't need any after-market (besides there isn't any!) it's really not that bad.  I've got single engine fighters that I've got $75 invested in by the time I'm done so the the price really isn't that far out of whack.

• Like 1

I balked at the price of the HpH kit initially but at $164 it's basically the same price as the HK Do 335.  Considering you get PE and metal parts, HGW seatbelts and it really doesn't need any after-market (besides there isn't any!) it's really not that bad.  I've got single engine fighters that I've got $75 invested in by the time I'm done so the the price really isn't that far out of whack.

WHAT? Is that the current price? When I was looking, I'm pretty sure it would have cost me around $300 by the time it got to my door. I may have to rethink this and start putting some funds aside for it!

John