The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Mark A "Whippet" - 1/35 by MENG Models

Some new project. The British Word War 1 tank Mark "A" Whippet in 1/35 by Meng Models.I have glued it together without any upgrade parts, only some rope on the exhausts.... glued all parts together before painting .... 

2tke73dn.jpg

ph57ssbx.jpg

First step - primer in black (Valleyo Black Primer) .... 

djwu7a44.jpg

xk3j5gso.jpg

Next I have painted in in a green color from Tamiya, then lightend up every plate at one corner ....  then painted every feeled 1000 bolt heads in a ligther green color again. After that I have masked it for painting the white/red stripes.

After that I have added some damages with a thin pencil and a sponge, dark grey. 

The exhaust was painted in rusty color, the guns in Tamiya Dark Metal. The tracks were also painted in Dark Metal, then added a washing in Rust color.

htxxqg4m.jpg

egcefq7b.jpg

zboe92mm.jpg

mi8jssgs.jpg

9cryjr58.jpg

247tvj3u.jpg

Added the tracks to the tanks, then giving the tank several washings in different yellow/brwon/blue/grey/beige/green oil colors before adding dust and dirt with pigments, leaking oil with Tamiya Smoke .... bare metal with a pencil.

rjh6hf9b.jpg

rfd72tct.jpg

pqyhb83o.jpg

98sfde7x.jpg

p45w3u76.jpg

hzj2opqu.jpg

eavfw6a7.jpg

glwoydtm.jpg

Cheers

Micha

• 2 months later...

Micha - I would like to put forward a long held theory of mine that the best aircraft modelers either come from a background of building, painting and weathering tanks and/or military hardware,

or intersperse the odd tank/military project with their current aircraft projects. I say this because the weathering of tanks teaches one so much with regard to technique, application, color

modulation and manipulation, washes and pastel application (including the use of the humble pencil - a technique I have also used in the past)that can be utilized upon aircraft, and take an ordinary model to the next level.

Your project is quite beautiful Sir - well done!